131Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)

Default 2020 Q50 Update?

Hello all,

I previously leased a 2018 Red Sport but unfortunately was totaled. I have gathered all possible options for my future car but the Q50 still comes to #1 spot not only for the power and looks, but mainly the aggressive leases Infiniti can offer.

My question is, will the infotainment system be upgraded in 2020? I tried searching but found nothing. I'm ok with keeping everything else the way it is but that for me is the weakest link.

2018 Q50 RS 400 AWD - Graphite Shadow - Sensory Package - Proactive Package - BMS JB1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1375 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by text View Post
Hello all,

I previously leased a 2018 Red Sport but unfortunately was totaled. I have gathered all possible options for my future car but the Q50 still comes to #1 spot not only for the power and looks, but mainly the aggressive leases Infiniti can offer.

My question is, will the infotainment system be upgraded in 2020? I tried searching but found nothing. I'm ok with keeping everything else the way it is but that for me is the weakest link.
Infiniti has confirmed a new infotainment is set for release in 2021, most likely they meant model year but Infiniti had this to say about it last year.
"The next-generation system will consist of a single, tablet-style screen that will continue to place a virtual boundary between the two groups of functions. "

Honestly I'd say check out a G70 or Stinger if you can find one and the lease prices are good.
JCmerc likes this.

2009 G37 X - Blue Slate - Michelin X-Ice 3/ Michelin AS/3+ Location: The Great White North

Planned Mods: Takeda Stage II Intakes, Borla Catback Exhaust,
G-Stop SS brake lines, Megan Racing Upper Strut-Tower.

“Passion rules reason, for better or for worse.” - Terry Goodkind
post #3 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 05:40 PM
Q50 Addict

Quoted: 718 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHeadClan View Post
Infiniti has confirmed a new infotainment is set for release in 2021, most likely they meant model year but Infiniti had this to say about it last year.
"The next-generation system will consist of a single, tablet-style screen that will continue to place a virtual boundary between the two groups of functions. "

Honestly I'd say check out a G70 or Stinger if you can find one and the lease prices are good.
Or the 4th Gen Lexus IS which is rumored to have an IS F returning. The Regular IS 350 Is supposed to have the same engine as the BMW 340 (Partnership). That engine puts out better numbers than the Red Sport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)

Garage

The 2020 models will have the same design but larger screens, better resolution and hopefully CarPlay. When our Infiniti trainer came by a while back, the Signature models were projected to have CarPlay, hence not having Navigation, but that was not the case.
post #5 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:02 PM
Q50 Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth View Post
Or the 4th Gen Lexus IS which is rumored to have an IS F returning. The Regular IS 350 Is supposed to have the same engine as the BMW 340 (Partnership). That engine puts out better numbers than the Red Sport.
What? That really doesn't make any sense, the IS F would need to be running on a BMW platform, which wouldn't make any sense as Toyota just released a new architecture for a twin turbo V6,
the car hasn't' been seen in testing, and it would totally undermine the newly produced Supra.

Also the B58 really doesn't put out better numbers... it's down about 40-50WHP on the Red sport and is only up 20ft-lbs of torque and the VR30
looks to be the better tuning platform..
Q602B and q50adix like this.

2009 G37 X - Blue Slate - Michelin X-Ice 3/ Michelin AS/3+ Location: The Great White North

post #6 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:03 PM
Q50 Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phagan90 View Post
The 2020 models will have the same design but larger screens, better resolution and hopefully CarPlay. When our Infiniti trainer came by a while back, the Signature models were projected to have CarPlay, hence not having Navigation, but that was not the case.
Oh will they be potentially get a dealer update later on then to include Android auto?

post #7 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phagan90 View Post
LoL, it took them so many years to finally realize how bad the infotainment system is .
post #8 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:05 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1246 Post(s)

Garage

Give me a dual clutch b4 android anyday. Or, better yet, put the VR in a Z with a std or dual clutch and I'm in.
post #9 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:16 PM
Q50 Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInNH View Post
Give me a dual clutch b4 android anyday. Or, better yet, put the VR in a Z with a std or dual clutch and I'm in.
Yep, give me a new Z any day of the week with a DCT or Manual over android auto.
jodedor likes this.

post #10 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 12:37 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 927 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth View Post

You must be talking about the 2020 MY of 340. I think it's going neck and neck with RS

Daily: '16 Q50 RS RWD | Ho-Hum Days: 7th Gen Maxima
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in