Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Anyone beat this mpg?

7K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  Chris DeLuso 
#1 ·
200 mile trip. Mostly motorway

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Dang, nice. I get 25 - 27 every single tank. I have never experienced anything in the 30s, let alone 40s.
What model/trim do you have? How fast did you go? Cruise control? Any mods that would aid with MPG?
What the heck is a motorway? ;)

#3 ·
He's probably in England and has a 2.0T motor.

#5 ·
That's probably correct.

#10 ·
23.5 mpg...same car w/JB4 on map 6, otherwise stock.

#12 ·
21-23 MPG average. In the flat at 70 I get 24+, 93 octane EcuTec map. Remember I live at 669 feet and one mile away at the Post Office it's 300 feet. The hills around here hurt my average.

I have yet to take it on a long flat trip over 300 miles in the flats with my tune and mods.
I'm still doing log files to dial in my map with Seb. That kinda hurts your MPG too. Lol.

#13 ·
I get better gas mileage coming back from our townhouse in Sunriver, Oregon to our house on the coast. Drops from 5,000 ft to sea level. Going there...not so good.

#14 ·
In the hills on the highway I let my car speed up to build inertia, then use it up the other side letting it slow down a lot. I watch behind me so I don't cause trouble. Hypermiling can up my MPG 2-4 MPG easily. Shhhh So does rolling stops (when the coast is clear) too.

Starting 4000 lbs from a dead stop really hurts your MPG.

#15 · (Edited)
Back when I had a hybrid:

In Red Sport:

Sort of cheating though. Both of those involved lots of driving down hill.

Attachments

#17 ·
Reactions: Q60 I²
#16 · (Edited)
I've hit 29.X MPG over 200 miles but dropped to 26.5 by the end of the tank. Pre tune with full FI exhaust.

#19 ·
I think my best MPG, pre tune, with my mods, got better MPG than the 2.0L gas disontinued engine.

#20 ·
49MPG in UK should equal to 41 MPG in US.
I just had a short trip from Melbourne to Canberra this week. About 600km highway tip, I use ACC most of the time. As a result, I got 7.5l/100km, which equates to about 32 MPG.
There are a lot of uphill and downhill on the road, which definitely hurt my mileage.

#21 ·
Average with my Hybrid is 27 mpg, with about 50% relatively fast (German) Autobahn driving. On empty country roads it's no prob to get north of 40 mpg...

Reactions: BigHeadClan
#22 ·
Our lifetime average is very slowly making it's way up through the 24's, I think it's 24.6 right now. Took a 300mi trip to upstate NY and back and it was at 24.9 by the end, but back down to 24.6 now. Driving in New England isn't the best for mileage. That said, it pretty regularly hand-calculates over 26 to a tank, and we aren't hypermilers. The wife likes very much that she has twin turbos, and she uses them. I'm thinking about AMS intakes, just so she can hear the whooshing noises better...

#26 ·
Man seeing all these MPG numbers really make me want to try and upgrade to the hybrid version, currently average 21MPG in my G37. XD

#29 ·
I feel this will be my last gas powered hotrod. My next will be all electric. Maybe an AWD 4 motor electric Z ish sports car. In 3-4 years we may have a few good choices.
A 150-200 mile range AWD 9' plow truck would be just right too. Come on Ford!

#35 ·
#30 ·
2020 Tesla Roadster. 0-60 in 1.9 sec. 1/4 mile in under 9 sec. 620 mile range at highway speeds. AWD w/torque vectoring...what's not to like?

That's a lot of performance for a $200K car. I just need $50K for the deposit to pre-order it.

Reactions: rpiotro
#33 ·
Lucky you. I can handle the $50K. It is the other $150K that I would have a problem with. I guess sell the house and live in the car. I could even have money left over.:(

Reactions: BigHeadClan
#32 ·
With my last EcuTec map update:
85 miles easy driving with up and down the hills in 45-60 MPH country roads I got an indicated 27.7 MPG! Not bad for a 4000 lb 400 hp car.

I have to drive down to MA today to visit family, mostly freeway then some local driving. I'll see how the average goes and post the results.
Now that the data logging is over I'll get a chance to see how my MPG will be with mostly "normal" driving.

Looks pretty good so far. ?

#34 ·
Reactions: rpiotro
#39 ·
I have about 5 hours logged in a Mooney M18. A little snug inside but a smooth ride. Stable platform for IFR. 180+ MPH TAS at altitude while getting the equivalent of about 20 MPG. An M20 will go a little faster. Loved that airplane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.