User Tag List

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Malmby

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Question Any have the AMS Auxiliary Intercooler Tank?

I got mine installed and my tech said it didn't fit good. He had to bend one of the brackets. Now my car makes this vibrating noise at certain RPM's. Do you think sound deadening mats would fix it?

2017 Q50 RS AWD, AMS Intake, AMS Heat Exchanger, AMS High Pressure Fuel Pump, AMS Low Pressure Fuel Pump, AMS Downpipes, AMS Flex Fluel Kit, AMS Auxiliary Intercooler Tank, AMS Coolant Expansion Tank, MotorDyne Exhaust, HKS BOV Kit, EcuTeK, Mishimoto Oil Catch Can, and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Garage

I have the Q60 version installed on my car, installed by AMS Performance. I assume you had yours installed by a dealership? Did you triple check the part number to make sure it is the Q50 version? (The Q50 and Q60 versions have slightly different mounting brackets.)

Where is the noise coming from? Can you hear it in the cabin with the windows up? If it were me, I would write the best description I could of the experience, take it back to the shop that installed the part, describe it and take them for a test drive to duplicate the noise -- they should stand behind their work (unless the part is defective, which they never should have installed it in the first place.)
BigHeadClan and jodedor like this.

2017 Q60 AWD - 414 whp, 494 wtq [Red Alpha Cold Air Intake Kit, Red Alpha Heat Exchanger, Red Alpha Coolant Expansion Tank, Red Alpha Auxiliary Coolant Tank, Mishimoto Oil Catch Can, Infiniti Akebono Big Brake Kit, Infiniti Q60 Helmholtz Sport Exhaust, aFe Power Y-pipe/Mid-pipe resonated, Red Alpha Lower Downpipes, Red Alpha Aluminum AWD Driveshaft, AMS Red Alpha Tune, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - F:255/40R19 / R:295/35R19]
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Yup, ordered the wrong part. I'll go sell this one and get the correct one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in