User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Default AMS Remote tune

I'm on v2 for the maps. This is the 1st map after sending in the idle running log. Can I safely drive it around? They are closed now so I can't ask.

2017 Q50 RS AWD, AMS Intake, AMS Heat Exchanger, AMS High Pressure Fuel Pump, AMS Low Pressure Fuel Pump, AMS Downpipes, AMS Flex Fluel Kit, AMS Auxiliary Intercooler Tank, AMS Coolant Expansion Tank, MotorDyne Exhaust, HKS BOV Kit, EcuTeK, Mishimoto Oil Catch Can, and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Yes just stay out of boost.

-Mark
2019 Q50 Silver Sport / Obsidian Black
SunTek Carbon Tint / Sport Pedals / Stillen RSB / SOHO LDPs / CBE / ECUtek / K&N Drop-ins / AMS HE / Radiant Grille Emblem / Diode Dynamics AOM / Infiniti Spoiler / Proclip
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

Did it only come with 1 Map? I'm sure your fine to hit boost. I wouldn't be insanely aggressive with it like flooring it constantly. I'm sure they start off safe and then slowly add more to it to see what your car and fuel can handle. Just drive it normal until they respond on Monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 05:55 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdrgn View Post
I'm on v2 for the maps. This is the 1st map after sending in the idle running log. Can I safely drive it around? They are closed now so I can't ask.
Look at the logs and decide.

Build_Page

Youtube

2018 Q50 RS AWD

"I am not an expert on the subject, but that has been my observation." - Jodedor
"So, how much did it cost to make your car undriveable?" - Best Friend
"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Jodedor

9 times out of 10, it is an electic razor...but every once ina while, it is a ....
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 06:21 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1253 Post(s)

Garage

The data logs will tell you how hard you can drive it safely. Putt around easy n look. Then log a little harder n look again. Rinse repeat each time a little more peddle. Boost should not go over 34 till AMS ok's it.

AFR, 12 at high boost, and 15-14ish at low to medium boost. Proceed at your own risk, as I'm NOT a tuner. On deceleration AFR can be high. I get 20 on steep down hills, off throttle. 14ish-15 in average throttle. It jumps around there as I glance at my Dashboard. As a FYI. (I think 20 is the max AFR # reported in EcuTec)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInNH View Post
The data logs will tell you how hard you can drive it safely. Putt around easy n look. Then log a little harder n look again. Rinse repeat each time a little more peddle. Boost should not go over 34 till AMS ok's it.

AFR, 12 at high boost, and 15-14ish at low to medium boost. Proceed at your own risk, as I'm NOT a tuner.
14-15:1 is pretty lean for "medium boost"! If you're a few PSI into it you will probably already be seeing enrichment. 12.5-13.5 is a more reasonable range for "medium boost"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInNH View Post
On deceleration AFR can be high. I get 20 on steep down hills, off throttle. 14ish-15 in average throttle. It jumps around there as I glance at my Dashboard. As a FYI. (I think 20 is the max AFR # reported in EcuTec)

As a note, wideband O2 sensors read in a range from 10:1 to 20:1. Anything outside those bounds and it will just report the bound. When you're coasting and see the 20:1, what has really happened is that you've entered DFCO (Decel Fuel Cut-Off) mode, which saves on MPG and emissions during decel.

On that same point, if for some reason you're logging AFR and it starts to go incredibly rich (MAF error, injector stuck open, etc) you'll see it go towards 10:1 and then just peg at 10:1. So if a log reads 10:1 it could really be anything richer than 10:1.
IridiumRS400, JohnInNH and Malmby like this.

Proudly fueling the fastest Q series in the world, and smoking the competition with our development car!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Injectors and Big Bore fuel pump coming soon!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM
Q50 Addict

Garage

"you will probably already be seeing enrichment. 12.5-13.5 is a more reasonable range for "medium boost""

True. I do see those numbers. My "Low-Medium" is not your Medium lol. If he was leaner then 14-15 I felt it was unsafe. New maps amd data logs will dial him in. I believe we are in agreement. 😊
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 1468 Post(s)

Garage

Follow the instructions that AMS gave you. When I was on my first map they made it clear that I should not drive it in "positive boost" which they translated to more than 25% throttle. It can get tedious while you're waiting for them to analyze your logs, but per AMS you want to make sure to do things the right and safe way. I'd follow their instructions to the letter and don't assume it's ok to drive the car harder until they specifically tell you to do so.
JohnInNH likes this.

2018 Dynamic Sunstone Red/Monaco Red Q60 Red Sport 400, RWD AMS Red Alpha tuned. Sensory Package SPORT/ProASSIST Package/ProACTIVE Package/Radiant External Ground Lighting/Radiant Interior Ambient Lighting/Carbon Fiber Package
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I'm on map 3 now. They said for me to do a couple runs from 1st to 4th. How fast do you think that will be? Not sure if I want to do that on the street. I'm thinking maybe I should do it on a dyno.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 08:46 AM
Q50 Addict

Garage

Redline with the RS lower final drive gearing is 117 MPH, but 6500 will do.

A full hit to rev limiter in 3rd SHOULD give them enough data, and 4th to 6200 should be OK if you run out of room.

A few runs "1st to 4th"<-- what do they mean?
1) 2000 to redline in 1, 2, 3, 4 each a data log separately.

Or
2) a run from 2200 in auto till redline in 4th.
Or
3) a run from 2200 in auto UNTIL the car shifts fully into 4th then letting off? VDC on or off? Sport+ or Standard?

I wish tuners were more explicit in giving us instructions. Seb and I worked out the instructions to get him exactly what to log.

Last edited by JohnInNH; Today at 09:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in