Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SW New Hampshire, USA
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1289 Post(s)
Below are just my opinions.
Hello everyone. I've recently started looking at the Q50 as a possible new car (for me). These cars are good lookers and the amount of performance that you can gain with a few mods is impressive. Buying a used Q50 looks like a huge bargain due to depreciation and I had a few questions that you may be able to help out with. Currently I'm looking at picking up a 2017 or 2018 AWD 300HP model and am cross shopping this and the 2017 Audi A4, admittedly very different cars. Thank you for all for your help!
1. Are there any recommended trim levels for technology or performance? (not interested in the red sport) I feel the Red Sport may be better since you are in a hot climate as the RS has dual water pumps. Lower gearing and a bit more OEM HP
2. Is Infiniti's warranty fully transferable from one owner to another? I can't comment on this
3. Can the JB4 be run safely with 91 octane, no supporting mods (at first), in a high temp environment (Phoenix) Yes, but an AMS heat exchanger would be a very smart move.
4. How well does the transmission hold up to increased power, ie. full bolts ons Depends on how much power you give it. Most have no reports of transmission issues at reasonable power levels.
5. Is there a permanent fix for belt shredding? There is a TSB once the alignment is fixed (if needed) you should be fine. If you replace it use the Gates belt part #= P/N K060766A
6. What is the best recommended way to improve the infotainment system? Android and touchscreen support would be ideal Some install the Tesla screen search the forum for threads on this.
7. Is launch control a feature on this car? I can't find much information on it. You can brake boost. I would not go over 2200 and not hold it to long. The new EcuTec tune has ilaunch control but is being debugged at the moment
8. If moving from run-flats to regular tires is there room for a full spare tire or will it eat into the trunk space? No, but you can put a donut spare in the trunk. Also search the forum for info on this. I have one, and use regular 255x19's
Welcome to the forum. I hope this is some help.
2018 AWD Q50 RS, Graphite Shadow, NO DAS, 255/40ZR19, Pilot Sport 4S, Stillen rear Anti-sway Bar on stiffest, AMS HE, Fast Intentions high flo cats, resonated X-pipe & CBE, VS Forged VS02 19"x9" +33 Slate Gray rims (20 lbs), AMS Intake, Z1 LSD, IPL badge, AMS badge, AMS expansion tank, EcuTek remote tune from Seb at Specialty-Z, Z1 HKS BOVs, AP Racing BBK Radi-Cal II calipers & J hook 2 piece rotors, SS lines, DOT 4, Level 10 Torque converter & transmission