• 1 Post By BigHeadClan
  • 1 Post By JohnInNH

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Default turbo noise

i have a 2018 Q50S AND THE CAR WAS HIT FROM THE REAR .....CAR IS ALL FIXED NOW BUT I HEAR WHAT SOUNDS LIKE A EXHAUST NOISE FROM THE RIGHT SIDE . HAD THE INSURANCE REPLACE THE EXHAUST ( Y PIPE ) BACK . COULD THE IMPACT FROM THE REAR CAUSE THE RIGHT SIDE TURBO TO MESS UP . I HEARD THE NOISE THE DAY I DROVE THE CAR HOME FROM THE BODY SHOP . ( LIKE A HISSING NOISE WHEN I ACCELERATE) THANKS FOR ANY HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)

Garage

Just a FYI all caps is considered yelling or for emphasis.

If you got hit in the rear, yes it is possible that the secondary cats and primary cats were damaged. A leak SOMEPLACE 😉 is very probable.

It may be simple like a sheared or loose bolt, or much more damage. Working your way forward inspect for a leak at every point. Even a hanger could have ripped a hole in the piping.

If somebody "Vapes" the "smoke" can be useful in locating a leak.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum! cut n paste for any new folks
Snip:
Please go to "User CP" and update your location. Also, you can add your signature with your car info. This way the forum members can make better suggestions to any questions you may have. Just a suggestion.

Welcome to the forum!
ANMVQ likes this.

2018 AWD Q50 RS, Graphite Shadow, NO DAS, 255/40ZR19, Pilot Sport 4S, Stillen rear Anti-sway Bar on stiffest, AMS HE, Fast Intentions high flo cats, resonated X-pipe & CBE, VS Forged VS02 19"x9" +33 Slate Gray rims (20 lbs), AMS Intake, Z1 LSD, IPL badge, AMS badge, AMS expansion tank, EcuTek remote tune from Seb at Specialty-Z, Z1 HKS BOVs, AP Racing BBK Radi-Cal II calipers & J hook 2 piece rotors, SS lines, DOT 4, Level 10 Torque converter & transmission
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 11:39 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1431 Post(s)

Garage

If your looking for a leak in the exhaust get a bottle of soapy water, raise the car up and it and spray around the exhaust then start the car up. Bubbles will form if their is a leak.
bmack likes this.

2009 G37 X - Blue Slate - Michelin X-Ice 3/ Michelin AS/3+ Location: The Great White North

Planned Mods: Takeda Stage II Intakes, Borla Catback Exhaust,
G-Stop SS brake lines, Megan Racing Upper Strut-Tower.

“Passion rules reason, for better or for worse.” - Terry Goodkind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sorry for the caps .I'm taking the car to the dealer to have it checked again . Thanks for the info . i was told it was just the rear tires breaking loose ... from the dealer last time .
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 11:45 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmack View Post
Sorry for the caps .I'm taking the car to the dealer to have it checked again . Thanks for the info . i was told it was just the rear tires breaking loose ... from the dealer last time .
😂🤣dealerships 🤣😂
Smoke for big leaks, soapy water for small leaks. If it's loud enough to hear from inside the car while driving it's probably not a small leak in a gasket.
Also hand(s) covering the end of your exhaust is a trued n true exhaust leak test.
rpiotro likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in