Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Burger Tuning Elite Heat Exchanger

9K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Ddnspider 
#1 ·
So I just bought the HE from them. I’m wondering what fluid to buy and how much I should buy. Car only has 17k miles on it. Not sure how much fluid is going to be lost during the install. Any help would be appreciated. Install is going to be next weekend.

#5 ·
Did you prefill the HX?

#7 ·
Since I live in So Cal (you don't say where you live), I took the opportunity to fill my delta with distilled water after my AMS HE install. No need to have full 50/50 coolant mix here in CA, and distilled water has better cooling properties than coolant. I bought some DEI Chill Charger too I might add sometime.

Did you install yourself? How did you bleed the system after you were done?

Attachments

Reactions: GIGANTORE
#8 ·
Since I live in So Cal (you don't say where you live), I took the opportunity to fill my delta with distilled water after my AMS HE install. No need to have full 50/50 coolant mix here in CA, and distilled water has better cooling properties than coolant. I bought some DEI Chill Charger too I might add sometime.

Did you install yourself? How did you bleed the system after you were done?

The guy that did it for me has done many of them. For starters, he didn’t lose that much coolant. He just burped the system instead of bleeding. So far it looks like it did the trick.

#17 ·
Redlne Water Wetter is mainly diisopropyl alcohol ether and triisopropyl alcohol ether which are solvent carriers for Water Wetter's active ingredients. They are sodium molybdate (non-oxidizing anodic corrosion inhibitor), tolyltriazole (when used with sodium molybdate) to help protect aluminum and steel from corrosion and good old polysiloxane polymer (silicone for coating metal surfaces).

Reactions: twin_snails
#18 ·
#19 ·
Running the OEM coolant in my Burger HE. Would water wetter provide any benefit by adding to regular 50/50 or would I need to do the distilled/coolant mix+additive?

#20 ·
Consider DEI's Chill Charger since it is made for water to air intercoolers.
https://www.amazon.com/Design-Engin...ll+charger&qid=1568738997&s=automotive&sr=1-1

To answer your question, it's tough to say but, if (if) we can trust the marketing on the back of the Hy-Per Lube Super Coolant bottle, they have 4 scenarios ranging from hottest to coolest.
50/50 water/coolant
50/50 + Super Coolant
Water only
Water + Super Coolant

So, if the claims are to be trusted, you could be reducing your coolant temps by adding an additive to your 50/50 mix.

https://www.amazon.com/Hy-Lube-HPC1...49Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.