• 1 Post By 5oh_mo
  • 1 Post By jera1350

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Default aFe Takeda Cat Back

I don't know if I don't know how to search too well anymore or if no one gets this exhaust, I found myself a good deal on the aFe Power Takeda Cat Back for the 3.0T but i don't see videos out there of how the exhaust will sound, I love loud sounding exhausts myself but I noticed its no mufflers and was wondering if it will lower torque a bit because not as much back pressure, if anyone has videos link me please, thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by majdk15 View Post
I don't know if I don't know how to search too well anymore or if no one gets this exhaust, I found myself a good deal on the aFe Power Takeda Cat Back for the 3.0T but i don't see videos out there of how the exhaust will sound, I love loud sounding exhausts myself but I noticed its no mufflers and was wondering if it will lower torque a bit because not as much back pressure, if anyone has videos link me please, thank you
It is a 2.5'' system, y-pipe, 2 small bottle resonators and no mufflers.

Do you have stock upper/lower downpipes?

If so, I think it'll sound great.

If you have lower downpipe, I think it'll sound good under WoT, and have rasp at partial.

If you have full downpipe, I think it'll sound amazing under WoT, and have terrible rasp at partial and crazy drone.
majdk15 likes this.

17' Q50 RS
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oh_mo View Post
It is a 2.5'' system, y-pipe, 2 small bottle resonators and no mufflers.

Do you have stock upper/lower downpipes?

If so, I think it'll sound great.

If you have lower downpipe, I think it'll sound good under WoT, and have rasp at partial.

If you have full downpipe, I think it'll sound amazing under WoT, and have terrible rasp at partial and crazy drone.
I'm planning on cheapening out on lower downpipes and getting Megan Racing LDPs with a cat back system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majdk15 View Post
I'm planning on cheapening out on lower downpipes and getting Megan Racing LDPs with a cat back system
Nothing wrong with those downpipes.

It's a gamble of what that will sound like. If I was a betting man, I think it'll sound amazing under WoT. But you'll get some rasp and drone under partial.

Can I ask how good of a deal you are getting? With that budget in mind, I can offer alternatives.
majdk15 likes this.

17' Q50 RS
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Master Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)

Garage

I've heard the aFe catback on a Facebook video, and that and the Fast Intentions catbacks are the only 2 I would ever consider. I'll add a link from my cell but unsure if you'll be able to view it since it's in a Facebook group that requires acceptance

https://m.facebook.com/groups/555727...26909310760374

https://m.facebook.com/groups/555727...64581213659848

TRADED:'14 Graphite Shadow Sport AWD*Deluxe Touring Pkg*19x9.5 SVE Drift Wheels*Gold lug nuts*35% tint*AEM Intakes*Carbon Fiber Grill cover, front/rear Mt Fuji emblems, trunk trim pieces* Debadged*Cuztom Tuning Diffuser*Brakenetic Gold Sport Slotted Rotors*Posi-Quiet Ceramic Pads

CURRENT: 2019 Graphite Shadow Luxe RWD *JB4 w/ Fuel Wires*BMS Intakes*AMS Lower Downpipes*Frozen Boost 101*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30 (without LDP or HX)

Last edited by serstylz2; 09-10-2019 at 02:53 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Master Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)

Garage

Different person https://m.facebook.com/groups/555727...55732437878060

TRADED:'14 Graphite Shadow Sport AWD*Deluxe Touring Pkg*19x9.5 SVE Drift Wheels*Gold lug nuts*35% tint*AEM Intakes*Carbon Fiber Grill cover, front/rear Mt Fuji emblems, trunk trim pieces* Debadged*Cuztom Tuning Diffuser*Brakenetic Gold Sport Slotted Rotors*Posi-Quiet Ceramic Pads

CURRENT: 2019 Graphite Shadow Luxe RWD *JB4 w/ Fuel Wires*BMS Intakes*AMS Lower Downpipes*Frozen Boost 101*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30 (without LDP or HX)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serstylz2 View Post
I've heard the aFe catback on a Facebook video, and that and the Fast Intentions catbacks are the only 2 I would ever consider. I'll add a link from my cell but unsure if you'll be able to view it since it's in a Facebook group that requires acceptance

https://m.facebook.com/groups/555727...26909310760374

https://m.facebook.com/groups/555727...64581213659848
That is on a Q60, apples to oranges. Length of piping is shorter on the 60's which change the exhaust note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serstylz2 View Post
50 with stock dp's, sounds good though.

I think I'm the only one with z1 3'' full downpipes, Fast Intentions catback with 10 '' short mufflers un-resonated. It's a really aggressive exhaust with no rasp. But also cost a grip and takes 9 years to get FI to build one for you.

17' Q50 RS

Last edited by 5oh_mo; 09-10-2019 at 04:06 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I have this exhaust on my Q50 Red Sport and love it. I have stock downpipes and I think the sound is great as is. Loud when getting on it, but quiet when cruising. If I were to add a downpipe, I would probably go with the HKS resonated because I would be afraid of rasp or drone.

If you look at their Instagram, there is a video of the exhaust on stock DP for a Q60. That is the video that sold me on this exhaust.
majdk15 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in