Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Doors should unlock in park

14K views 49 replies 19 participants last post by  Avedis53 
#1 ·
This is a pet peeve of mine. When I’m ready to get out of the car, I shouldn’t have to unlock the doors. If the car automatically locks the doors when I start driving, it should be kind enough to unlock the doors when I’m ready to gtf out. Can this be programmed?

#4 ·
I was just talking about this earlier. I'm gonna have to look into the settings, it drives me nuts.

#5 ·
I wish we could turn the frickin auto door lock off completely. But we can't! On my other cars, you can defeat the auto lock completely. Not the 50. :( The best you can do is have the locks unlock when shifted to Park or when the engine is turned off. Since I want it done as soon as possible, I chose Park. For the most part it doesn't trouble me but I get snagged every once in a while when, say, trying to pick someone up or drop someone off while in Drive. Arrgghhh.

Reactions: rpiotro
#9 ·
That's what sport brakes are for! ?

#19 ·
I think you're on to something there. Sort of like the Navi Shift Control that adjusts the gear position in certain situations based on road information from the navigation system.

#22 ·
I enabled this feature last night, i felt like a noob not knowing about it. Thanks

#27 ·
Who was it that used to have a setting called "avoid ghetto", or something like that? Garmin? TomTom?

#31 ·
I love the fact that it AUTO locks when I start driving and AUTO unlocks when I put the car in PARK. To each their own I guess;) All easily configurable in the vehicle setup screen.

#32 ·
That's fine, glad we have that feature for people that want it, I just think it should be defeatable for those that don't want it.

#34 ·
Keep me honest here - IIRC there's a federal regulation for that the interior handle must be inoperative when vehicle has reached specific road speed.

#36 ·
I believe you are correct. 49 CFR 571.206 sort of addresses that but as is the case with federal regulations, it is written so obliquely that it's hard to say for sure.

Reactions: q50adix
#42 ·
And yes, that's complete bullshit. It can change everything else to a pre-selected driver preference setting based on which key is in your pocket when you start the car, but not that. It's almost like someone who has never watched a movie was tasked with designing a TV...

#44 ·
You can chance from Snow to Eco over Standard and Sport to Personal, but it will not stay. Every time you turn on the car it will be – surprise, surprise – Standard!

#46 ·
My preflight:

B4 I get in the car I wipe the front cam lens, front sonar sensors, then wipe under the passenger mirror, look at passenger side tires, wipe rear cam & sonar sensors, look at drivers side tires, wipe driver side cam lens.

Then I get in the car. Start, adjust seatbelt, launch EcuTec on smartphone and connect, launch my dashboard, switch to Personal mode (Sport+ is only one click away), check fuel level, and off I go.

I don't do all of this every time, but the first time of the day.

I am using Sport+ more often & shut off VDC during spirited driving.

In Sport + the exhaust note changes. It's "Sharper" at the same RPM in the same gear, at the same torque demand. In Personal mode I have Standard selected for everything except ATC is OFF. It's easy to tab down with the mode selector to Sport+ and back again. The exhaust note changes noticeably. So it must change more than the TCM & suspension settings. It sounds like timing to me, probably fuling as well maybe @Avedis53 can interject at all the changes it makes besides changes in suspension and shifting logic.

#47 ·
Unless you have ASE (Active Sound Enhancement) turned off in the Diagnostic Menu, the exhaust note sounds coming from the audio system will be augmented more in the Sport Modes than in Standard Mode.

#48 ·
I dislike auto-locking doors, don't trust them. Ever since I got locked out years ago. Had a chrysler 300m and pulled in to a gas station to fill up my tires. Only takes a few minutes so I leave the car running. As the tire is filling up, I hear *click* followed by the motor from my driver seat resetting itself to a default position. Locked out with the car running a full tank of gas..... Nope, don't trust electronic locks. Now, any time I get out of my car but leave it running for whatever reason, I keep a window open just in case.

#50 ·
The Intelligent Key system won't allow that to happen. The doors won't lock if the key is inside the passenger compartment. It won't let you lock the fob in the trunk either.

Reactions: rpiotro
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.