Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

About to pull the trigger in 24 hrs

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Bushwickq50 
#1 ·
Wassup everyone. About to get a 2015 q50 black on black with 48k miles. The car is $16,995. When I do kbb it shows the car with the mileage is around 20k. One owner no accidents clean carfax. My question is I see it’s still under warranty. About 8 months or 11k miles left. The dealer is trying to get me to buy extended warranty ( forgot exact number) something around the lines of 100k miles 10 yr for 3,000 ( I may be wrong) but my point is how are the extended warranties looking like for these cars? I feel like not getting any right now and waiting until I have a month left. Clean engine bay...no weird noises..any advice or opinions is gladly accepted thank u

#2 · (Edited)
I would add the warranty, just keep in mind you can haggle the price before signing the paper work. If you add one after signing there is no haggling.

I bought my ‘15 last June and paid $3k for my warranty. After reading on this forum I paid $1k for the same extended warranty when I purchased my wife’s qx50 in February.

Lastly have the dealer line item what is not covered(go over in detail), and always read the fine print.

#3 ·
Thanks for that. Yeah so final price after all said and done was 19,500 so they did lower and discount some things. Had trade in which was 4K and I put 500$ down so bring total down to 15k. Ima see what the warranty covers and yeah just keep it then. Anything I should look out for? Anything mess up or known to at a certain mileage ?

#4 ·
#6 ·
I'd try and talk them down to $2200-$2500 for warranty but an extra 3K for a peace of mind especially for the electronics just make sure you get what is covered under the warranty in writing.

#8 · (Edited)
I had an extended warranty and ended up cancelling it. If you keep up with the maintenance the engine shouldn't give you any problems for a long time. The DCU is the only thing that I would be concerned about out of warranty. I had mine replaced in the last month of warranty along with a couple of other things. If you're the type person that saves money you may be better off without the warranty, if you rather not save the money, or just don't want to get caught out of pocket with a big repair bill then do the warranty.

Also you can wait until the very last couple of weeks of the factory warranty to get the third party one. I would also double check with Infiniti as to how much warranty time you have. 8 months seems to be more than what most 2015 models would have left.

Good luck getting that thing insured in Brooklyn :)

#10 ·
Wassup everyone. About to get a 2015 q50 black on black with 48k miles. The car is $16,995. When I do kbb it shows the car with the mileage is around 20k. One owner no accidents clean carfax. My question is I see it’s still under warranty. About 8 months or 11k miles left. The dealer is trying to get me to buy extended warranty ( forgot exact number) something around the lines of 100k miles 10 yr for 3,000 ( I may be wrong) but my point is how are the extended warranties looking like for these cars? I feel like not getting any right now and waiting until I have a month left. Clean engine bay...no weird noises..any advice or opinions is gladly accepted thank u
I had an extended warranty and ended up cancelling it. If you keep up with the maintenance the engine shouldn't give you any problems for a long time. The DCU is the only thing that I would be concerned about out of warranty. I had mine replaced in the last month of warranty along with a couple of other things. If you're the type person that saves money you may be better off without the warranty, if you rather not save the money, or just don't want to get caught out of pocket with a big repair bill then do the warranty.

Also you can wait until the very last couple of weeks of the factory warranty to get the third party one. I would also double check with Infiniti as to how much warranty time you have. 8 months seems to be more than what most 2015 models would have left.

Good luck getting that thing insured in Brooklyn /forum/images/InfinitiQ50_org/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
Yeah now that I think about it, the math don’t add up lol should be a couple months left of warranty so ima go ahead and just get all the details on it and keep it. & nah I’m from Brooklyn but gettting the insurance out in queens lol $330 a month , could be better obviously but for me it would of been close to $500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.