2017 Scary RS400 - Page 6 - Infiniti Q50 Forum
User Tag List

74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #51 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 11:15 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

Always love seeing the car seats in the back. I got two kids and they get a kick out of ripping around in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scary likes this.

2019 White Q50s Redsport AWD
Bone Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Über Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)

Garage

Did wheels today... Kind of a nightmare but, meh, everything worked out. I went with the Konig Oversteer 19x9.5et40, problem is, they're dished.

The bad:

Looked them up through Discount Tire, they are supposed to fit Red Sport. They did not clear the calipers.

Did a 15 mm spacer, on the front, I'll do the same on the rear. I hate running spacers because of the extra weight, but this is now my life.

The good:

They look effin great and weigh in at 23.8 lbs, or 24.5 lbs with lugs and spacers. I couldn't tell a difference because I don't trust anyone with a torque wrench around my car (after the MBRP incident). But, bang for buck, lightest 19x9.5" wheel I could find for under $500/ea (these rang up for $178/ea for cost at my buddies off road custom shop).

Camber: -1.2/-1/2 (this is with zero'd out toe, plants decently in corners, I would prefer -2 all around, but it's not a dealbreaker)

I'll get some better pictures tomorrow, but no rub at full turn/flex.
BigHeadClan likes this.

Yep... I actually said that.

Last edited by Scary; 02-12-2019 at 11:02 AM.
post #53 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 11:10 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)

Garage

Aye those wheels look great, sucks about the fitment issues and having to use spacers though.
Scary likes this.

2009 G37 X - Blue Slate - Michelin X-Ice 3 - Location: The Great White North

Planned Mods: Takeda Stage II Intakes, Borla Catback Exhaust,
G-Stop SS brake lines, Megan Racing Upper Strut-Tower.

“Passion rules reason, for better or for worse.” - Terry Goodkind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Über Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHeadClan View Post
Aye those wheels look great, sucks about the fitment issues and having to use spacers though.
I hate the look of spacers close up. Bugs the **** out of me. However, I'll pull wheels tomorrow and paint the edges so it's not as noticable.

But I did like the look of the wheels on profile. I'll get after it tomorrow and check my 0-60 times for measurable difference. If anything, the 22mm (15mm spacer+7mm offset) difference push out per side should help with holding corners and turn in.

Next is the 2 piece rotors. As @JohnInNH always barks about rotational mass, with good reason, I can imagine there will be a difference in acceleration times.

post #55 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 12:00 AM
Q50 Addict

Garage

Aye under 24lbs for 19x9.5 is excellent, typically your in the 28-30lb range and at $250-$350 per wheel so you got an awesome deal.
I have probably 15-20 bookmarks just for wheels for my G37 for my summer wheels. ><

Not sure if I wanna go Enkei Raijin, BBS SR Himalaya or Axe EX27. I'm leaning towards the Raijin simply because they come in at under 22lbs.

Although if I had a RS400 I'd personally downsize to 18's and simply go with some a set of springs to drop the ride height a smidgen, cheaper
a bit better handling, lighter wheels and way more options available. But that's just me, not everyone wants to play with the suspension and there is the cost
for an alignment afterwards as well.

post #56 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Über Member

Garage

I like the ride of the RS-R Downs, not sure Super Downs would give the same feel. My thing is, I want two sets of tires, and the stock wheels are not bad for winter setup. I'm digging the BFG G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2 255/35ZR19 for summer and will keep these general G-Max AS-05 on the same size for winter.

Basically, I'm not unhappy with 19s, so I figure, "that'll do pig... That'll do." The spacers are still a bummer though.
BigHeadClan likes this.

post #57 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 12:43 AM
Q50 Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary View Post
I like the ride of the RS-R Downs, not sure Super Downs would give the same feel. My thing is, I want two sets of tires, and the stock wheels are not bad for winter setup. I'm digging the BFG G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2 255/35ZR19 for summer and will keep these general G-Max AS-05 on the same size for winter.

Basically, I'm not unhappy with 19s, so I figure, "that'll do pig... That'll do." The spacers are still a bummer though.
Aye two sets of tires is pretty standard up North, the winters are too brutal for all-seasons most places
and we occasional get snow in the middle of July-August sooo all-seasons are typically our summer tires. lol

But I plan to do much the same with the stock wheels and just use them for winter. They are super beat up from previous owner so I plan to fix them up in the summer.
They currently wrapped with Mich. X-Ice II(?) which have been honestly pretty disappointing for a winter tire.... Not a bad summer tire though. lol

For winter tires I will probably swap them out for a Blizzak WS-80 after I'm done the repair/repainting, Summer tires are going to be Conti. DW06 most likely.
Although I admittedly was looking at the BFG G-Force and they look like they have great reviews, the tread wear leaves a bit to be desired though.

But who knows summer is still 4 months away for me so I Got some time to contemplate my choices. lol
Scary likes this.

post #58 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Über Member

Garage

The Blizzard are awesome. Had them as Winters in my WRX for going up to NorthStar resort to board.

I had the BFG as summers on the same car... They wore less than the Continental xtremes, but worse than the General summer (can't remember their model)

But Reno is mild, the AS-05 is perfect here.
BigHeadClan likes this.

post #59 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 02:17 AM
Q50 Addict

Garage

Yup the Blizzaks are awesome, 4 years old and they performed better than the X-Ice II that are less than 1 year and in pretty much all winter conditions.
Supposedly the Gen 3 versions fix this problem but my faith in the X-Ice model is pretty shaken at this point.

So back to Blizzaks for me, thanks for the Info about the BFG's so long as it wasn't a huge difference in tread life I think I'll stick with the DW06.
Although admittedly the Yokohamas and A/S3 were tempting choices.

post #60 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 01:57 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)

Scary: Please add your camber setting and the tire model and size in post #52 . I would like to link it in the official wheel and tire thread.

Also, did you experiment with a 5mm spacer? Will that allow the wheel to clear the Akebono brakes?

Build_Page
2018 Q50 RS AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in