BC Coilovers with or without Swifts? - Infiniti Q50 Forum
User Tag List

 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Subarashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default BC Coilovers with or without Swifts?

I been eyeing BC coil overs for a while, I rode in my friend's car and it was pretty harsh. Although granted he was....pretty low.


I been reading online that BC coil overs can be pretty harsh but if you upgrade to swift springs it would solve that issue and is also a great upgrade!



Anyone have any feedback? I'm only looking to drop an inch or 1.5

2017 Q60 Premium 3.0 RWD
Daily: 1998 Honda Accord (400K Miles Still running strong)
Subarashi is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Senior Member
 
QFiveOhEss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Minneapolis 'burbs
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default

Just wondering...
If all you're looking for is the drop, why coilovers at all?
https://www.rs-r.com/product/infinit...-springs-2016/

I've heard varied reports on the BC's quality.

'15 Q50S AWD. No Tech, No DAS.
Stock 19's spaced 20mm, 255/40 Conti DWS-06.
Minor cosmetic doo-dads.
QFiveOhEss is offline  
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Subarashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFiveOhEss View Post
Just wondering...
If all you're looking for is the drop, why coilovers at all?
https://www.rs-r.com/product/infinit...-springs-2016/

I've heard varied reports on the BC's quality.

Yeah, but I figured if I'm taking out the suspension set and what not, I'd rather just slap it on there for the ease of installation instead of just having to put the springs on there.


And I get the benefits of a coilover.

2017 Q60 Premium 3.0 RWD
Daily: 1998 Honda Accord (400K Miles Still running strong)
Subarashi is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 12:56 PM
Member
 
Meraki Autoworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
 
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Meraki Autoworks
Default

BC with Swift does make a nice noticeable difference.

-Josh

"Meraki Autoworks is an international one stop shop to turn your vision into a reality."
Text us for a quote! 213 394 2886
Email: [email protected]
Meraki Autoworks is offline  
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Member
 
FLA_Q50VR30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default

Just a note, did RSR springs with a friend and you dont need spring compressors. The springs are virtually under no load whatsoever. It saved us a few hours and it was a breeze (provided we did this on my RWD). The following day we tackled his Q60 AWD and the front end was a PIA however we still backed the nut out with no spring compressors. Just wanted to pass along some advice that may sway your decision.

2016 Q50 3.0T Sport RWD - Graphite Shadow
FI Unresonated CBE - AMS LDPs - EcuTek Tune - HKS BOVs - Mishimoto OCC - RSR Down Sus
FLA_Q50VR30 is offline  
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Master Member
 
VR30infection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 359
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA_Q50VR30 View Post
Just a note, did RSR springs with a friend and you dont need spring compressors. The springs are virtually under no load whatsoever. It saved us a few hours and it was a breeze (provided we did this on my RWD). The following day we tackled his Q60 AWD and the front end was a PIA however we still backed the nut out with no spring compressors. Just wanted to pass along some advice that may sway your decision.
Weird, when I did my springs, the factory springs were under a lot of preload. And the RS-R springs has to be compressed to even get the top hat on at all. I personally would suggest to never just unscrew the top hat without compressors. That can be really dangerous. Just my .02, do with it as you will.
damonb10 likes this.

2018 Liquid Platinum Q50 Luxe AWD

Drop in K&N/Lower down pipes/ Y Pipe
RS-R Down Sus/ Enkei RPF1 18 X 9.5 +45
Frozen Boost 118
***EcuTek Mid tune***
VR30infection is offline  
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 04:38 PM
Member
 
FLA_Q50VR30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR30infection View Post
Weird, when I did my springs, the factory springs were under a lot of preload. And the RS-R springs has to be compressed to even get the top hat on at all. I personally would suggest to never just unscrew the top hat without compressors. That can be really dangerous. Just my .02, do with it as you will.

Thats odd and I don't disagree with you one bit as I've done 50 of them that scared the living daylights out of me lol. Aaron Huck has a video of us doing both spring sets on the Infiniti Q50/Q60 Tech Group on FB bc one of the Admins (Lordie Lord Lord Lord) claimed he had done it w/o. So of course, being curious we tested his theory with extreme caution on the first one with full body armor and helmets lmao jk but not really. After we determined it was a non threat, we wrapped the second one in towels, laid it down, impacted the nut off and nothing happened, again. I was also able to get the hat on with RSR (Q50) and SWIFT (Q60) with about 3-4 threads captured, installed the struts and let the car down and tightened down the nut with vehicle under load after settling (just let it sit, didn't drive it). I have about 1,500 miles with them on, no issues or sounds and all measurements from ground to fender measure within an 1/8".

2016 Q50 3.0T Sport RWD - Graphite Shadow
FI Unresonated CBE - AMS LDPs - EcuTek Tune - HKS BOVs - Mishimoto OCC - RSR Down Sus
FLA_Q50VR30 is offline  
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:31 PM
Q50 Addict
 
JohnInNH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SW New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 2,142
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 841 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default

Look at the HKS Hipermax IV GT if RWD. It's a fantastic coil over. You lose your DDS control though as with most all coilovers.
JohnInNH is offline  
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:42 PM
Master Member
 
VR30infection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 359
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA_Q50VR30 View Post
Thats odd and I don't disagree with you one bit as I've done 50 of them that scared the living daylights out of me lol. Aaron Huck has a video of us doing both spring sets on the Infiniti Q50/Q60 Tech Group on FB bc one of the Admins (Lordie Lord Lord Lord) claimed he had done it w/o. So of course, being curious we tested his theory with extreme caution on the first one with full body armor and helmets lmao jk but not really. After we determined it was a non threat, we wrapped the second one in towels, laid it down, impacted the nut off and nothing happened, again. I was also able to get the hat on with RSR (Q50) and SWIFT (Q60) with about 3-4 threads captured, installed the struts and let the car down and tightened down the nut with vehicle under load after settling (just let it sit, didn't drive it). I have about 1,500 miles with them on, no issues or sounds and all measurements from ground to fender measure within an 1/8".
Lol. You guys are braver than I!!

Odd that you could start the threads. I have done a bunch of springs on various cars as well and every time I could start the threads with the lowering springs. But on my Q I couldn’t for the life of me. However, I was alone so that might have had something to do with it.
FLA_Q50VR30 likes this.

2018 Liquid Platinum Q50 Luxe AWD

Drop in K&N/Lower down pipes/ Y Pipe
RS-R Down Sus/ Enkei RPF1 18 X 9.5 +45
Frozen Boost 118
***EcuTek Mid tune***
VR30infection is offline  
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:50 PM
Master Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
 
Default

I used to sell in the aftermarket arena. I can tell you that Swift springs are nice, softer ride.

BC Coilovers are the same as HKS, Greddy, Megan Racing, GodSpeed, Tein, and Stance and handful of others. Literally they come from the same factory and are just painted different colors at the end. I think they are all from Taiwan. The only ones that are made independently are Cusco and they are made in Japan.

The only advantage of coilovers for an inch drop is ease of installation, but you lose A LOT of adjustability from the ECU (all your suspension modes become pointless). You can get a decent spring compressor for $30 on Amazon and just go with drop springs, and that way you keep all your adjustable suspension. Plus, all the coilovers I mentioned above...they really arent that good. They gum up real bad after a couple years. Unless you buy a bunch of needle bearings, they start grinding badly. They rust, they blow out, just lots of problems. Not OEM build quality whatsoever. The Cusco ones are fantastic though, much better quality.

tl;dr: buy Cusco or just lowering springs, don't by Taiwanese coilovers.
u1arunit likes this.
helterstupid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TUNERZ STORE | BC Racing Coilovers Q50 and Q50s Tunerz Store Tunerz Store 50 05-12-2019 09:12 PM
BC Racing Coilovers Dampening Setting TheRealMikeK Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension 22 01-21-2017 02:57 PM
BC coilovers vs RSR coilovers underspy Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension 12 06-12-2014 03:08 AM
BC coilovers available integrityjoe Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension 29 04-03-2014 06:23 PM
Installed BC Racing Coilovers TheRealMikeK Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension 16 03-02-2014 04:22 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome