Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope these posts aren't frowned upon, but I'd love to see if anyone has either a comparable set up, or good guess on what to expect from this set up:

2017 q50 RS400 RWD
stillen catback
jb4 +4psi on 93 octane
ams intake

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
No guess, sorry, but in for the interest. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
What would you say for an AWD model with the same listed mods?
0 to 60 in the high 3s to low 4s depending on whether you can launch in boost without throttle cut. 1/4 mile should be low 12s to high 11s.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
0 to 60 in the high 3s to low 4s depending on whether you can launch in boost without throttle cut. 1/4 mile should be low 12s to high 11s.
We haven't seen a JB4 in the 11s yet, have we?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
We haven't seen a JB4 in the 11s yet, have we?
Depends on whether or not you count "max legend" who supposedly did it while costing him a motor ;) I've been working on a couple things on my setup and may give it a go this winter since our track only closes for a couple weeks the entire year.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Depends on whether or not you count "max legend" who supposedly did it while costing him a motor ;) I've been working on a couple things on my setup and may give it a go this winter since our track only closes for a couple weeks the entire year.
His best was 12.04 on MS109 before he blew his motor. I have seen some dragy reported JB4 folks in the 11s though on Facebook in the VR30 Tech Talk group.

·
Registered
468 Posts
For comparison, I have a Luxe at roughly 440whp, 475tq, also RWD. Best 1/4 so far is 12.64 and best 0-60 is 4.46. I can definitely beat 12.64 now IMO

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I've done some research lately and seen AMS chooses to keep a richer AFR. I turned off my fuel wires this morning and, granted it was cool, but between that and the WMI....the car pulled the hardest I've ever felt. Maybe I can snag an 11 this winter ;)

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've done some research lately and seen AMS chooses to keep a richer AFR. I turned off my fuel wires this morning and, granted it was cool, but between that and the WMI....the car pulled the hardest I've ever felt. Maybe I can snag an 11 this winter ;)
Explain why you went wires-off?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Explain why you went wires-off?
At this point, I feel that I've looked at quite a few logs from members with Ecutek tunes, particularly AMS ones. They're running upwards of 20-23 psi of boost, and on all the logs, AMS is running their AFR's in the high 10's to mid 11's. I.E. more like stock AFR, not the leaned out low to mid 12's that BMS runs with their fuel wire addition. I'm not saying there isn't power to be gained at lower boost by leaning out the AFR, but at higher boost it makes sense to run a richer AFR, especially on pump gas. I am sure that AMS has done enough dyno'ing and logging to have their reasons for running the richer AFR so I think it's worth investigating that if we want to run Red Sport or higher boost, keep the AFR richer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My best so far is 11.990 and thats with ECUTEK RWD with NT05R tires. I doubt jb4 could be in the 11's easily.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Vincent is the fastest JB4 guy I've seen, only one in 11s

My best so far is 11.990 and thats with ECUTEK RWD with NT05R tires. I doubt jb4 could be in the 11's easily.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I'm so curious now, I had to order a Dragy so I could see what my JB4 with the FI CBE can do on 92 octane. It will be here tomorrow but it's suppose to start raining so I may have to wait for dry pavement before getting some times...perhaps June.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'm so curious now, I had to order a Dragy so I could see what my JB4 with the FI CBE can do on 92 octane. It will be here tomorrow but it's suppose to start raining so I may have to wait for dry pavement before getting some times...perhaps June.
Nice, I just got the green light from Mrs p. to order one too. Where did you get yours? I see $149 on Amazon and $145 on ebay.

I just need to find a place to use it! Without getting a ticket.

Can this thing estimate HP too? My old G-Tech Pro could, if you input your car's weight.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Nice, I just got the green light from Mrs p. to order one too. Where did you get yours? I see $149 on Amazon and $145 on ebay.

I just need to find a place to use it! Without getting a ticket.

Can this thing estimate HP too? My old G-Tech Pro could, if you input your car's weight.
I bought it on Amazon. I have Prime so free (not really) 2-day shipping. I'm the type of person who once I've determined what I want, I don't want to wait for it. A lot of their stuff they will send next-day.

I know a few straight stretches on the Bay Road that are good for 0-60 but 1/4 mile straight and level? I'll have to look around here for that.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I bought it on Amazon. I have Prime so free (not really) 2-day shipping. I'm the type of person who once I've determined what I want, I don't want to wait for it. A lot of their stuff they will send next-day.

I know a few straight stretches on the Bay Road that are good for 0-60 but 1/4 mile straight and level? I'll have to look around here for that.
I have Prime too but I am super patient. I almost always choose the "no rush" shipping to get a free digital dollar, lol

1 - 20 of 79 Posts