Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
No way in hell can the dragy substitute for actual track results. Separate list is perfectly fine.
Agreed. GPS isn't accurate enough to compare to a electronic E/T trap. Since the nearest crappy drag strip is over 100 miles away, a Dragy is the next best way to see what the car can do if I can find a relatively safe place to use it.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Mine arrived yester. Like A5 said, it is small. Smaller than I thought. Comes with 2 metal plates and a micro USB charge cable. Instruction pamphlet is near worthless, they basically just tell you to download the dragy app. dragy app is free but has ads and is only rated 3/5 stars. Maybe I am missing it but I can't even find in the app directions for dragy use. I guess I'll figure it out. Still figuring out where/how to mount it and where to use it!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Its odd that the center console (underneath the cup holder) won't work. That's where the gps antenna was when I had a Tesla screen and that thing would pick up all the satellites lol.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mine arrived yester. Like A5 said, it is small. Smaller than I thought. Comes with 2 metal plates and a micro USB charge cable. Instruction pamphlet is near worthless, they basically just tell you to download the dragy app. dragy app is free but has ads and is only rated 3/5 stars. Maybe I am missing it but I can't even find in the app directions for dragy use. I guess I'll figure it out. Still figuring out where/how to mount it and where to use it!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought a Dragy last year, did a few 0-60 runs, then sold it. I just don't see it as something I'd use more often than a few times.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I bought a Dragy last year, did a few 0-60 runs, then sold it. I just don't see it as something I'd use more often than a few times.
I thought it would be nifty to use it after each new mod. I also want to see the impact of ambient temperature on performance times. I think it will be nice to be able to keep logs over time.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I would imagine the Dragy's tiny, internal GPS antenna isn't as robust as the Tesla screen's antenna, so it needs an unobstructed view of the sky in order to receive at least 3 GPS sat signals.

The app is a little wonky as I've had it drop out a couple times for no reason. Basically, you pair it with your phone, look for the blue light to pulse (not breathe) and it automatically does its thing. I haven't found a good place to even run 0-60 that's level enough but I know there is a stretch up the road following the bay that should work. 1/8 or 1/4 mile? I'll have to keep looking for that stretch of road. Level is more of a problem than straight around here.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
1/4 is preferred, but can get a general idea from 1/8th although its more traction dependent. 1/4 mph will give you an indication of power without so much emphasis on traction.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for posting this link, its the best price I've seen for the Dragy. I ordered one on Monday and just learned today that they are out of stock. XTR Performance says their stock will be replenished any day now... I was really hoping to have it this weekend as the weather will be dry and cool.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Thanks for posting this link, its the best price I've seen for the Dragy. I ordered one on Monday and just learned today that they are out of stock. XTR Performance says their stock will be replenished any day now... I was really hoping to have it this weekend as the weather will be dry and cool.
In Post #37, I provided a link to where I got mine for less than $140. Now, the same ebay seller has reduced his price to $139 with free shipping. He still has a 'Best Offer' option too. 9 available.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
An interesting feature of the Dragy is that it verbally tells you when you've reached certain speeds (30 mph, 60 mph) or distances (1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile). At least it did it the first time I tried it with the phone connected via USB. It played the announcements over the car's speakers.

Subsequent usage did not produce the verbal announcements though. It may be due to playing music from another app on the phone while the Dragy app is running. I think the first time I used it, I wasn't playing a music app. Not sure on how and when this feature works though. The provided manual is worthless as far as information.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have only played music from a CD or the radio. : o I

·
Registered
99 Posts
I purchased a Dragy from XTR Performance using the link above on Nov 18th and they immediately charged my card. My order still showed as Processing on the 22nd so I sent en email asking why it hadn't shipped. they replied saying it was out of stock but new stock was on the way. I sent email the past couple days without response. I just called the number on their webpage and it is out of service.

I would not advise buying anything from these guys, sounds like they went under. I just filed a dispute with my CC company.

Edit:
Coincidentally, XTR just replied to my email. They said the truck delivering the new batch of Dragy's broke down along the way :rolleyes:... I told them to cancel my order.
He said they will be offering the Dragy on Black Friday for $119. I have one being delivered from Amazon tomorrow.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I knew someone would be doing a black friday dragy sale, just had to be patient.
i bought mine from Amazon for $134 shipped, next day delivery. For $15 i don't think I would trust XTR...

·
Registered
468 Posts
I thought someone stole my dragy last night haha. Fell beneath the seat

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I thought someone stole my dragy last night haha. Fell beneath the seat
I temporarily place mine in the sliding moonroof sunshade as was suggested by someone here. I get a good GPS signal there but I don't leave it there because it could get baked in the sun. It won't go anywhere up there though.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
i bought mine from Amazon for $134 shipped, next day delivery. For $15 i don't think I would trust XTR...
They won't be the only 1 having them on sale.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Again, I got mine from this ebay seller. Asking $149 with best offer, he accepted $140 from me. Maybe try $135? Good feedback. 7 left. Buy 3 $50 ebay gift cards from Target with your RedCard for 5% off. 1% ebay bucks. Effective price $132 + tax for me.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts