Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
You're better off not brake boosting with a leave just above idle and roll into it. I can hook 1st from a dig on the street with the right throttle input.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Anyone know how accurate the Ecutek Performance Analyzer is? Post them up.
This one is my best so far. Tried a few more 0-60s this afternoon thinking I’d do better with cold temps but didn’t beat it.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
This one is my best so far. Tried a few more 0-60s this afternoon thinking I’d do better with cold temps but didn’t beat it.
View attachment 89590
The stock ecu stuff is always way off. You either need a g tech, dragy, or something else with a GPS and accelerometer to have something reasonably accurate.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
The stock ecu stuff is always way off. You either need a g tech, dragy, or something else with a GPS and accelerometer to have something reasonably accurate.
Why would it be way off? It knows time, speed and distance travelled. What additional data is needed?

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Why would it be way off? It knows time, speed and distance travelled. What additional data is needed?
To start, it can't differentiate wheel speed hooking vs. spinning. It also can't account for slope of the road. Then there's resolution, just to name a few. There's a reason no one counts apps from their stock ECU or even their cell phones.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
To start, it can't differentiate wheel speed hooking vs. spinning. It also can't account for slope of the road. Then there's resolution, just to name a few. There's a reason no one counts apps from their stock ECU or even their cell phones.
Fair enough, thanks.
Looks like Ill be buying a Dragy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Given your mods and awd it may be fairly accurate. If you make sure your on flat road and don't spin it "could" be accurate. But like Ddnspider said, you will need a dragy for anyone to take the number as a verified result. They are so reasonably priced anybody who wants to know their times should be able to get one. (or find a friend to borrow one from)

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Signature Edition
933 Posts
View attachment 89590
Get a Dragy, but for reference I have a friend in an 18 AWD Luxe with AMS tune, Megan downpipes and BMS intakes, and he is dropping 3.38-3.41 regularly on his 0-60. He also has brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, and that alone brought him from 3.5x to 3.38. His tune is aggressive, peaking at 22psi

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Finally got to try my Dragy today for the first time. Coincidently it measured the same as the Ecutek Performance analyzer.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,876 Posts
I wish I could get some Dragy numbers but as I'm typing this, it's raining like a sumbitch and the winds are gusting 65 mph. Had a couple of power bumps that dumped some of my electronics but fortunately no extended outages...yet.

Maybe by June I'll be able to find some dry pavement somewhere.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Finally got to try my Dragy today for the first time. Coincidently it measured the same as the Ecutek Performance analyzer.

View attachment 89955
I wish I could get some Dragy numbers but as I'm typing this, it's raining like a sumbitch and the winds are gusting 65 mph. Had a couple of power bumps that dumped some of my electronics but fortunately no extended outages...yet.

Maybe by June I'll be able to find some dry pavement somewhere.
I hear ya... Ive had my dragy for 3 weeks. Between Rain and 2 feet of snow a couple weeks aho its been tough to try.
Also of note on my run, TC was on and I did a partial brake boost. About 50% throttle and a quick release at 2500 rpms. I had some AWD spin still...

·
Premium Member
550 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many winters ago - my '03 Audi A4 Quattro w/mechanical AWD and Blizzak snows was on a blacktop driveway with a 30-35 degree incline (hill). The driveway wasn't plowed, and it had 3-4" of snow on it. For s**ts & giggles, I attempted to go up the driveway as is - no bueno, even with some momentum from starting on the flat portion. My friend tried, too, and I watched from the side as the front wheels would spin (up), the rear wheels would "index" a few degrees repeatedly in an attempt to inch the car forward. With that failed experiment, we brought out the shovels and cleared out a path for the tires to follow. As a result, success!

Point is - I found out firsthand how Audi's Quattro system responded when the front tires lost traction.
I never had that issue in my 2001 A6 and here is why....

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Signature Edition
933 Posts
I've all but given up on 0-60 with RWD since my tires are subpar. No traction in this weather

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,876 Posts
It still hasn't stopped raining every day here since Xmas. I haven't been able to use my Dragy since I bought it. I was joking about June but that may be when the roads actually do dry out here.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
It still hasn't stopped raining every day here since Xmas. I haven't been able to use my Dragy since I bought it. I was joking about June but that may be when the roads actually do dry out here.

Well at least it's just rain and not Snow.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Send it to me and I'll test it for you :D

121 - 140 of 144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.