Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did 5-6 0-60 pulls on a deserted back country road this week. I hooked up an OBD2 interface and laptop to my car to record the data. Nte I have the heaviest Q50 - AWD Hybrid Sport.

Used Sport Mode & Automatic.

First Run: 5.61 Sec
Second Run Opposite Direction: 5.46 sec
Third Run:5.59 sec

Switch to Manual and used paddle shifters: 7 sec (I bounced off the rev limiter before shifting)

All I can say is that... I am very impressed from a 4DR Hybrid Luxury Sedan. That extra HP and torque from the hybrid battery is awesome!!
I think motor trend quoted 5.5sec.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Motortrend had the Q50S Hybrid RWD at 4.9s
Car and Driver had the Q50S Hybrid RWD at 5.1s
Not sure why the Q50S Hybrid AWD got slower time. I guess the heavier weight, different location and testing method got something to do with it. As long it's under 6s, it's fast. The rest is just for bragging right.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Not sure why the Q50S Hybrid AWD got slower time. I guess the heavier weight, different location and testing method got something to do with it. As long it's under 6s, it's fast. The rest is just for bragging right.
Track testing is going to be a much more reliable measure. You can't really judge or compare an unofficial test with a track test with official measuring equipment. Also, driver ability, "track" conditions, weather, temperature, elevation, etc is going to affect times.

·
Registered
78 Posts
would have expected the AWD model to get better times, i wonder why it's like that. How much slower was the Q50 Hybrid AWD?
In the G the RWD was faster than the AWD in a straight line, but slower in lapping road courses. I would expect the same. Not sure why all the magazine tests are on RWD models while in this area of the country 95% of the Q50 vehicles are AWD.

·
Registered
432 Posts
In this class of cars, RWD is faster than AWD because of less weight. AWD has the advantage if you are performing some cornering and track tests though. It will run through the track faster.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
The guy who wrote the Car and Driver article clearly did not like the car and probably didn't even bother to have a full battery charge when he ran his acceleration runs. Infiniti claims 4.9 0-60 for the Hybrid RWD and Hybrid AWD at 5.2. I think the 4.9 second 0-60 is conservative. You can watch my run below and decide for yourself. (I'm RWD.) I conservatively and amaturely timed it at 4.7 seconds just using the timer on my iPhone. I also compared to BMW 335i runs I found on YouTube and consistently found my run to be .1 seconds faster after averaging several times. (BMW 335is run get 4.7 to 4.8 in the auto mags.) If you time the video remember to subtract 0.3 seconds for a 1' rollout. Pretty much all the auto mags/reviews except for Edmunds give a 1' rollout, which takes off 0.3 seconds from actual 0-60 in their testing so to compare apples to apples.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I did 5-6 0-60 pulls on a deserted back country road this week. I hooked up an OBD2 interface and laptop to my car to record the data. Nte I have the heaviest Q50 - AWD Hybrid Sport.

Used Sport Mode & Automatic.

First Run: 5.61 Sec
Second Run Opposite Direction: 5.46 sec
Third Run:5.59 sec

Switch to Manual and used paddle shifters: 7 sec (I bounced off the rev limiter before shifting)

All I can say is that... I am very impressed from a 4DR Hybrid Luxury Sedan. That extra HP and torque from the hybrid battery is awesome!!
I think motor trend quoted 5.5sec.
You're right about where you should be. The 0-60 times in auto mags give a 1' rollout, which pretty much across the board subtracts 0.3 seconds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.