Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the redundant thread, hopefully we'll see the multiple threads merged shortly.

Sooooo, I dropped my car off this morning for the 10/24 update, which I had an appointment for and she informed me that my VIN wasn't in the batch of cars scheduled to receive it.

I did receive the last update several weeks ago, shame on me for not checking my VIN. It looks like a bunch of you received both and saw some improvements after this latest version.

Did anyone else screw up like me? Should I triple check with Infiniti regarding the VIN ranges?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Furthermore, isn't it odd that they would've released an update that addresses issues with newer VINs but not older? Seems counterintuitive....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I've read on the forum, the update last month was 1.75. On 10/24, update 1.9 came out which addressed the sxm travel link feature in addition to the items in 1.75 (there was some redundancy).

I just called Infiniti Consumer Affairs and was told that there was no update after 1.75, and that 1.9 has not been released yet.

Wtf?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Why not verify software version in your car-
Latest 2.3.7.0646 (10/24)
Previous: 2.3.7.0578 (Sept 13)
Original : 2.3.7.04???( aug13

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Dealer has it right now, I didn't want to waste my appointment, so they're looking at a few rattles and squeaks since they're not doing update.

I don't have any of the sxm travel link features working, so was thinking that this new update would give me that

Still doesn't explain the forum members talking about update 1.9 and Infiniti saying that 1.9 isn't out yet

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I thought someone had said that they were telling dealerships to not go forwards with the 1.9 update?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
That would be news to me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It'll all work out, I just hate getting 6 different stories from 6 different people. As soon as I pick up my vehicle, I'll check the software version # and report my findings back to Infiniti Customer Service. My guess is that the 2 CSRs that I spoke with this morning were misinformed along with the dealer - and that, in fact, there is an update 1.9 that should've been installed on my car just to be safe.

I'm all for troubleshooting along with my dealer to get to the bottom of things, but it's a little tricky when my dealer is not located right around the corner and my wife and I are juggling our cars/loaner cars. I begged my dealer yet again to have someone on their staff join this forum to help connect the dots

·
Registered
697 Posts
Mine is not freezing that much. I'm afraid of updating bad. What am I missing with the new updates

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine is not freezing that much. I'm afraid of updating bad. What am I missing with the new updates
If you're not noticing any issues, then you might not use some of the features that the recent updates fix ie. SiriusXM channels being locked. Not sure what packages you have ie. tech, deluxe touring

Spend some time on the forum, there's plenty of of threads that discuss.

There have been 2 minor updates that address the following:

1) Updates operating system to current production level
2) Improves overall system performance
3) Addressed or improves specific issues, including, but not limited to
-ipod music does not restart when reconnecting USB cable
-cannot access "xL" listed SiriusXm stations
-"Sandbox has stopped unexpectedly" message
-Unavailable App icons appear in App Garage
-Left side scroll/slider function is not available while driving
-Steering wheel volume control is slow to adjust
4) Makes the SiriusXM Travel Link feature available, which includes:
-Weather information
-Fuel price information
-Sports scores
-Stock ticker
-Movie listing

We're all waiting for the big update next month that finally gives us the apps.

Reactions: equetefue

·
Registered
697 Posts
Thanks brother. I have this feeling that Infiniti is hard at work on getting this apps available, but not in working to correct the current problems found in the OS

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Perhaps, and now I see your signature with your q50's credentials....nice. I think there are a few people that might be concerned that when the big update comes next month (supposedly), it might be too big of a leap to go from the factory issued software to the big update, so they're getting the mini-updates...not sure if there's any merit to that notion

·
Registered
697 Posts
Seems we have the same car. You got the latest patch? Any improvement?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the mini from the end of last month, some good fixes.....most notably was the sxm channels that were locked came back online and the volume control on the steering wheel adjusted volume much faster.

I wasn't experiencing some of the lockups, but overall the system seemed to run a lot smoother.

I tried to bring my car in today for the update that was released last week but was told that my VIN wasn't included in this update. Something fishy about that, I placed several calls to Infiniti corp and they were about as useless as **** on a bull.

Check the threads, much more info there.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
From what I've read on the forum, the update last month was 1.75. On 10/24, update 1.9 came out which addressed the sxm travel link feature in addition to the items in 1.75 (there was some redundancy).

I just called Infiniti Consumer Affairs and was told that there was no update after 1.75, and that 1.9 has not been released yet.

Wtf?
2.3.7.0646 is the latest (pathetic) update (apprx. 10/24). Anything 1.x is a lie.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Doesn't the 1.x number refer to the update version vs. the longer sequence which refers to the software version?
Possibly. I think I've heard that. But I thought the discussion was around the InTouch updates; that's what .0646 update is for.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.