Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've been trying to see if anyone has any clue to how much of a difference the fitment on the aftermarket diffusers are. They honestly look exactly the same and look interchangeable, but I just wanted to know future reference. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
479 Posts
If they honestly look the same, just go with it.......but 18-19 have different rear bumpers than the 14-17. So to me, it won't fit without major modification.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought two after market one and the molds were off...the unit was about 1" taller.

So if you Lines up the top with the indent in the bumper, the top of the cutout for the exhaust tip would hit the tops and the bottom would be about an inch lower than the bottom of the bumper and you cant make the bottom connection. There would be no equal gap around the exhaust tip.

Now if you pulled it up, The sides would be in the indent on the bumper but the top would be over the top of the indented area. The top would go about a third of the way up the small square piece where the rear bumper tie in opening is...so if needed you cant access that tie in and it looks strange going part way through.

so I stopped there....got refunds for them but took forever to prove to them how far off they were...they wanted their "engineering" to reply back first...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,142 Posts
Just buy the diffuser meant for your model year? Problem solved. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I did do that...I just happen to get two bad ones I guess .

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,142 Posts
I did do that...I just happen to get two bad ones I guess .

My comment was mostly aimed at the OP. ;)

What brand(s) are you getting? Maybe just stick with Stillen?

Reactions: footprintsinconc

·
Registered
92 Posts
Oh, got it :)

I went with the cheaper alternative...stillen was twice that price. I'll get paddle shifter instead then :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My comment was mostly aimed at the OP. ;)

What brand(s) are you getting? Maybe just stick with Stillen?
Didn't realize this was commented on. Lol.

The price difference was like double so I was just gonna give it a shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts