Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,187 Posts
Probably not wise as speed limiters are usually in place because to the speed rating of the tires that the manufacturer supplies as original equipment. It is there to protect the manufacturer from lawsuits due to equipment failure.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,187 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
Ah, remembering when Montana had unlimited speed limits, ok "...at a rate of speed no greater than is reasonable and prudent" during daylight hours back in the mid-1990s.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts
Don't tunes remove the governor?

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Not sure but OP was asking to for ways to do it without voiding warranty which a tune definitely does. XD

·
Registered
2018 Q50S [RWD]
171 Posts
They do. OP would need to potentially say bye bye to the warranty if he wants to go over 155 mph. I don't think anybody is surviving a 155+ mph crash in a Q...

Reactions: TDR

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
I thought it was 153. With the Stinger at 156. Mine has been removed for over 2 years, and I have yet to go past 145.

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
856 Posts
I thought it was 153. With the Stinger at 156. Mine has been removed for over 2 years, and I have yet to go past 145.
Nice trip to Mexico ?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,876 Posts
Not sure but OP was asking to for ways to do it without voiding warranty which a tune definitely does. XD
To be accurate, any damage that can be attributed to removing the speed limiter could result in denying a specific warranty claim but it doesn't void the warranty.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
856 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts
Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,368 Posts
That's nothing against the finnish word "saippuakivikauppias"... LOL

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.