Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this with the fact that I do have the Stillen RASB on my car currently set to middle stiffness setting. Now I have no plans to change springs and/or dampers. No track duty, just some spirited and daily driving to work duties. I know that the suspension is not optimized stock, but I feel that it has made an improvement with less body roll in the corners. What's other people's experiences been on this topic?

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
8,058 Posts
I have my RASB on the stiffest setting. It has definitely reduced body roll during hard cornering.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks A53.

Anyone else? I thought others would chime in also.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Let me say it once again.

You dont just throw anti-sway bars at a car to "improve" handling.

Getting the car to turn properly takes a little time, trial, and error.

Yes, on an awd or fwd car that like 99% of the cars out there is made to understeer a bit, if you add an anti-sway bar to the rear, it will feel like it turns better.

If you add stiffer springs, more dampening, and adjust at least your camber settings, you will find that the q50 awd does not need aftermarket anti-sway bars just yet...even with added grip by way of wider and or stickier rubber (200+ utqg).

would you need it after much stiffer suspension or slicks? you may find that you need to have front and rear stiffness added to the anti-sway bars. i have not yet found that point.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me say it once again.

You dont just throw anti-sway bars at a car to "improve" handling.

Getting the car to turn properly takes a little time, trial, and error.

Yes, on an awd or fwd car that like 99% of the cars out there is made to understeer a bit, if you add an anti-sway bar to the rear, it will feel like it turns better.

If you add stiffer springs, more dampening, and adjust at least your camber settings, you will find that the q50 awd does not need aftermarket anti-sway bars just yet...even with added grip by way of wider and or stickier rubber (200+ utqg).

would you need it after much stiffer suspension or slicks? you may find that you need to have front and rear stiffness added to the anti-sway bars. i have not yet found that point.
Thanks for the input Jodedor.

So the take away from this is that unless you upgrade the suspension and or the tires/wheels the Stillen RASB can help the car corner more level.

Not sure what everybody else's opinion is as far as how stiff it should be set, but at least in my situation on the medium setting I feel that it handles more neutral and has less body roll. I have not tried it on the stiffer setting because I didn't want to overdo it and right now the car does not easily oversteer.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
yes

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
8,058 Posts
Depends on how much money you want to spend and what you're going to do with the car. If I was going to track the car then absolutely, coilovers, springs and the rest of the suspension goodies that go along with them would be the direction I'd go. If it's a daily driver and you just want to reduce the amount of body roll, then a RASB will help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts