Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

17" vs 19" tires on bad roads

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  mattreading22 
#1 ·
Just took my car in for 5,000 mile service and the "recall". The loaner they gave me was Q50 Premium awd with 17" wheels. Mine is awd sport with 19s. What a difference in the way the cars ride on the crappy pothole laden roads here on Long Island! With mine i get jarred with every bump and hole. The loaner with 17s glides over them. Not sure if it is due to tire size, the suspension, or both. On a decently paved road i prefer mine. Also, the car looks so much better with the 19 inch rims. Sort of ordinary looking with the 17s

#3 ·
The run flats carry through much more harshness through their rigid walls. They are also very easy to damage with potholes. Road hazard is a must as they are expensive.

Reactions: maddsiick
#6 ·
For the time I had them on my BMW, I thought that they were more damage resistant to potholes. I attributed that to the stiffer sidewalls.

I have managed to avoid potholes with the Q, so far.

YMMV

#9 ·
The sport and accessory wheels are much lower profile too, so this will make them ride much harder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.