Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Q50 sport with the 19-Inch Split, 5-Spoke, Bright Wheel - Infiniti (999W1J2019)... The finish is coming off of all the rims. I'm currently look to purchase 4 new rims and have been looking at the charcoal and black versions. Does anyone have similar issues or can point me in the right direction? Any feedback on the durability of the other finishes would be great. I was also considering these. https://www.autorimshop.com/infiniti-q50-2015-19-oem-wheel-rim-152018.html

Attachments

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
That’s kind of expected so I ceramic coated mine. I just don’t know if the coating actually attached to the finish, i guess time will tell. I would have sent it for powder coating if i had the time.

·
Registered
189 Posts
This might sound stupid, but have you tried AJAX and a good bristle brush? I had a very similar look on an older Chrysler Chromed rims, and it turned out to be severely baked on brake dust. (I do not mean to insult you if you have already tried and it truly is the finish peeling.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This might sound stupid, but have you tried AJAX and a good bristle brush? I had a very similar look on an older Chrysler Chromed rims, and it turned out to be severely baked on brake dust. (I do not mean to insult you if you have already tried and it truly is the finish peeling.)

LOL not stupid at all. No the finish is coming off. I thought about having them powder coated but 3 of the rims are bent due to NEPA pot holes... lol so i'm just going to buy new ones.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Wow, those look horrible. I have the same black chrome wheels on my car. This better not happen to mine!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had an experience very similar to this on my 2006 factory upgraded Nissan Maxima chrome wheels. They flaked an peeled and discolored after about 1 year of use. Nissan didn't take anything back or issue a refund so I had to eat the loss. The wheels also began to leak at the bead. I took them off for winters too so they didn't have salt corrosion. They dubbed it "bad batch of chrome" but did nothing about it. I will never again go to chrome for my wheels, no matter the make or model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@damonb10 = How long have you had the car and how are the rime holding up? I was thinking about the Black chrome since my car is black I thought it would look good....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a brand new set I used for only 20 miles before switching to my winter wheel/tire set up. Unfortunately I can't sell those since I have to return the car with those wheels
If you're looking to replace, there's a guy in Plymouth, MA selling a staggered Red Sport set for a reasonable price.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/555727154545272/permalink/1611337478984229/?sale_post_id=1611337478984229
Great!! I just joined the group. I'll try reaching out today! Thanks!

·
Registered
991 Posts
@damonb10 = How long have you had the car and how are the rime holding up? I was thinking about the Black chrome since my car is black I thought it would look good....
The first thing I'll say is that I love the look of the wheels and they would definitely look great on a black Q50. In fact I briefly shopped some used Q50s before I bought mine and one example had that setup and looked sharp.

My car/wheels are only one year old. I run those wheels in the summer only and have put roughly 6000 miles on them. I take very good care of my car (OCD for sure). All that said, up to this point I haven't noticed any signs of deterioration. The wheels are made by Enkei, so I feel they should be a quality wheel. Maybe their have been some isolated bad batches or maybe more in the conditions of use that have led to the finish failing. Hard to say....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts