Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
764 Posts
I can't speak on those sizes but somewhere here someone has likely ran that setup. depending your offset people have fit 255 and even squeeze 275 into the front. The second to last 19in link is your setup, but depending your offset it may look different.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
Just got a new set of rims for my q staggered setup. just wondering what’s the best tire size to run without rubbing. they are as follows, Rear 10.5 wide, front 9.5 wide.
your question primarily depends on offset first, then wheel width second. with a 10.5" wide wheel and the correct offset, you can run a 305/30/19 max. ideal tire width for a 10.5" wide wheel is a 295/30/19. however, both of these choices are a little short of oem tire diameter.

for a 9.5" wide wheel and offset, a 275/35/19 is ideal but you can fit a 285/35/19.

given the choices above, assuming you have good offsets that dont leave the wheels and tires hanging out past the fender, you would run a 265/35/19 front and 305/30/19 rear as they are identical diameter (26.3" diameter, 3.6/3.7" sidewall height). alternatively, you could run a 255/40/19 front and a 295/35/19 rear if you wanted a bit more sidewall height and slightly larger diameter (27.1" diameter, 4"/4.1 sidewall height).

if you have really goofy offset however, you're going to have to guess and most likely likely end up with stretched tires.

Reactions: jodedor

· Premium Member
904 Posts
Just got a new set of rims for my q staggered setup. just wondering what’s the best tire size to run without rubbing. they are as follows, Rear 10.5 wide, front 9.5 wide.
For the best look I went with the stock tire size in the front but went 275/35/19 in the rear. All of my rims are 19x9.5 40 Offset. Now this setup also keeps my speedometer with in factory specs as well. Now for the rear since your running 19x10.5, I would say that running 265/35/19 will give you the least amount of poke but I bet it will still poke out alot because of the its 19x10.5. Even on my rear 19x9.5 it barely pokes and you cant notice it at all if any.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
For the best look I went with the stock tire size in the front but went 275/35/19 in the rear. All of my rims are 19x9.5 40 Offset. Now this setup also keeps my speedometer with in factory specs as well. Now for the rear since your running 19x10.5, I would say that running 265/35/19 will give you the least amount of poke but I bet it will still poke out alot because of the its 19x10.5. Even on my rear 19x9.5 it barely pokes and you cant notice it at all if any.
Lucky, you cant make a recommendation about tires without knowing the wheel offset, as that is the determining factor in poke. if the offset is very low, stretching a skinny tire on a wide wheel doesnt magically make the rim scoot inside the wheel well, it still hangs out. the tire itself may fit in but the wheel will not.

· Premium Member
904 Posts
Lucky, you cant make a recommendation about tires without knowing the wheel offset, as that is the determining factor in poke. if the offset is very low, stretching a skinny tire on a wide wheel doesnt magically make the rim scoot inside the wheel well, it still hangs out. the tire itself may fit in but the wheel will not.
Yes that is correct and I just said 265/35/19 as it was mentioned. But also I gave my tire size and offset as example thinking it would help paint a better picture. I am not trying to suggest that tire size at all as it would all depend on the offset and etc like you have stated.

· Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,960 Posts
Offset?

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,328 Posts

· Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,960 Posts
backspace if youre super old. :ROFLMAO:
I was calling for the wheel offset the OP is asking about, not the definition of "offset". I am old enough to remember when chrome reverse wheels were cool though.

· Premium Member
4,415 Posts
I was calling for the wheel offset the OP is asking about, not the definition of "offset". I am old enough to remember when chrome reverse wheels were cool though.
moon rims FTW.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
Indeed, inquiring minds want to know.

I'm not old enough to have been around when 6" lip keystones were nearly all there was but I am old enough to remember when racecars transitioned from centerline autodrags to convo pros. Remember centerline Hammers? Member? Lol

Reactions: Pillboy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts