Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Wheels.

Would Advan RS2 wheels in 19x9 +29 all the way around fit the RWD RS stock height (not really thinking of lowering)? How would this affect performance?

Fronts are the same width, about 10lbs lighter, rears are .5in narrower then stock, like 12lbs lighter, can still run stock 265. By my calculations, the fronts will push outward by 18mm vs stock with the same tires and the back will push out by 15mm vs stock but the 265 will likely add a little more poke?

Tires.

I would run my stock 265 PS4S’s I just bought in the back (max allowed tire on a 9in rim) and the stock Dunlop’s upfront (too new to change).

Reason.

I love the look and can get a great price on a local sale and the website lists the weight at only 8.6kg (less than 19lbs) while some forums list it at 20-22lbs per wheel.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure enough some of you have an educated opinion...

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Posting related notes are noted.

Now can somebody me please add something of actual value? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
108 Posts

I answered on your other thread.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reason I double posted is that it is time sensitive. Some will read the general section while others will read the specialized section. I’m subscribed to both. One will eventually be deleted and I’ll end up compiling the darts into the surviving thread for future reference.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
The reason I double posted is that it is time sensitive. Some will read the general section while others will read the specialized section. I’m subscribed to both. One will eventually be deleted and I’ll end up compiling the darts into the surviving thread for future reference.
When one clicks on "New Posts", all posts regardless of what section they are posted in will come up. Posting it twice won't achieve anything as far as a faster response.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please refrain on comments about double posting. If you don’t have anything of value to add, respectfully, please move on. Thanks

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Fng

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to look FNG up. I mistakenly thought it was something of value. But @JohnInNH clearly didn’t read the previous post. I am pretty sure it’s his last post on this thread.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unless anyone has more input, it looks like I’ll have to test fit and report to the community.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I answered on your other thread.
They will. You can see the additional math here:https://www.willtheyfit.com/
Thank you both. I used the calculator and it looks like they might actually fit better than expected.

Anyone care to chime in on performance? Every mod I do MUST enhance performance. I figured these are at least 10lbs lighter on each side...

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
Thank you both. I used the calculator and it looks like they might actually fit better than expected.

Anyone care to chime in on performance? Every mod I do MUST enhance performance. I figured these are at least 10lbs lighter on each side...
Installing lighter wheels, tires and rotors will reduce the rotational mass of the vehicle. Reducing rotational mass will provide a small increase in performance since the lower weight of the rotating elements require less energy to accelerate and decelerate. Reducing 1 pound of rotational mass is equivalent to reducing the sprung weight of the vehicle by approximately 3 pounds (simple physics).

Replacing the stock wheels, tires and rotors with lighter aftermarket parts can reduce rotational mass by upwards of 94 pounds (rotors-30 lbs, tires-24 lbs, wheels-40 lbs) which equates to a reduction of about 280 pounds of sprung weight. Worth going after IMHO.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
What he said.

I see no reason to go wider than 255 in the front other than cosmetics. Especially in RWD. Look at most performance cars in our class. Just IMHO. Weight and wind resistance.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What he said.

I see no reason to go wider than 255 in the front other than cosmetics. Especially in RWD. Look at most performance cars in our class. Just IMHO. Weight and wind resistance.
John,

I am planning to just transfer my stock tires over in the front/back. I’m potentially thinking of going 265 square in the future for esthetics only. That probably won’t happen though. I just want to make sure I’m not just slapping on some wheels just for the looks. Everything I do must improve the car.

Thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
I just came here to derail this thread so we can just focus on the other thread.

·
Registered
428 Posts
LOL It will fit...or it wont...dun dun dun

1 - 20 of 29 Posts