Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
You have to have all of the terms. Money Factor and residual are key numbers coupled with annual mileage and term.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Plus the fine print reads, "offers valid through 8/4/13"; that's today lol. Cars don't go on sale until 8/5/13.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
How did you get them to go with those prices? The quote that they gave it was a 53K loaded hybrid with $1,000.00 down and $763.00 per month with 10K miles per year. Am I missing something?
I sent you a PM, but I have VPP pricing, and I am paying for 9 MSD's (refundable deposit).

·
Registered
302 Posts
I sent you a PM, but I have VPP pricing, and I am paying for 9 MSD's (refundable deposit).
Hi Q50Aggie -

I don't quite understand the benefit of the MSDs to control the lease price. You are tying up YOUR money with no investment opportunity. Is the monthly savings that significant that you would tie up the money for that long? Why not use that money for the increased payments instead of putting down the MSDs up front?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Hi Q50Aggie -

I don't quite understand the benefit of the MSDs to control the lease price. You are tying up YOUR money with no investment opportunity. Is the monthly savings that significant that you would tie up the money for that long? Why not use that money for the increased payments instead of putting down the MSDs up front?
Savings of $80 a month times 39 months = $3,120 savings. Investment cost of $6,750 in MSD's.

$3,120/$6,750/39 months x 12 months = 14.2% return on investment every year
There are no investments that can guarantee me that kind of return.

Reactions: Doyle

·
Registered
28 Posts
Down here in Miami:

MSRP: 37,605
3,957 due at signing
10k a year
39 months
$399 plus tax

I know probably one at that price but still nice to see some "reasonable" prices.

Weekly Specials | South Infiniti
That seems high to me as well...some simple "conversion"...

1) $3,957 due is just about $100/mo over 39 months
2) 10k lease to 15k lease would likely add about $40-$50/mo

Therefore, that $400/mo lease is more like $550/mo for a $0 OTD equivalent.

That car is the lowest rung Q50 (no AWD, no moonroof, no leather, no nav, etc.).

·
Registered
302 Posts
Savings of $80 a month times 39 months = $3,120 savings. Investment cost of $6,750 in MSD's.

Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea what the monthly benefit was. Is there a reason why they do multiple security deposits instead of letting you name the amount of the deposit over a minimum?

And, what have we determined in terms of the use of MSDs? Is this restricted by State, controlled by each dealer, etc.?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea what the monthly benefit was. Is there a reason why they do multiple security deposits instead of letting you name the amount of the deposit over a minimum?

And, what have we determined in terms of the use of MSDs? Is this restricted by State, controlled by each dealer, etc.?
Infiniti Financial allows up to 9 MSD's. The only state I'm aware of that it is not allowed is New York. Your dealer may claim they don't know about it or doesn't allow it, but it's simply not true...they just don't know or they don't want to do the extra work. Have them call IFS for more details.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Infiniti Financial allows up to 9 MSD's. The only state I'm aware of that it is not allowed is New York. Your dealer may claim they don't know about it or doesn't allow it, but it's simply not true...they just don't know or they don't want to do the extra work. Have them call IFS for more details.
actually, Infiniti of Manhattan is telling me they DO msd....im completely skeptical about this...i even repeated myself a few times to clarify. then again the dealer told me they do a lot of things that seemed fishy to me...so i dont know how much i believe him.

we'll see when/if he calls me back with lease numbers

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
actually, Infiniti of Manhattan is telling me they DO msd....im completely skeptical about this...i even repeated myself a few times to clarify. then again the dealer told me they do a lot of things that seemed fishy to me...so i dont know how much i believe him.

we'll see when/if he calls me back with lease numbers
Makes sense...InfinitiChick called IFS and they said it's allowed in ALL states...maybe they have a way around the rule

·
Registered
396 Posts

Besides, the guy is a CPA!! If a CPA is doing that himself, I think I pretty much can count on the reasoning... ;):D

(OK, yes. I understand the logic from previous others' post as well. It IS the way to go for lease! )

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.