Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I dropped of the Q today and put her in the hands of a new Infiniti dealership in my area. My car was delivered to me in Jacksonville from Orlando Infiniti, but I wasn't going to drive to Orlando for service, even though I rate their dealership highly.

Dropped off the Q and they had me scheduled for a DAS and Quality Assurance campaign as well as my first oil change. I didn't mind that I wasn't at 5K miles yet. I had spoken to their master certified technician who was recently trained on the Q50 and I was very confident in their abilities. He spent 1/2 hour on the phone with me last week discussing the DAS system and my interest in lowering the car. He recommended I bring the car in for the DAS recall before going forward with any suspension modifications. Of course he warned me he couldn't guarantee lowering would not impact DAS, laser guided cruise or any other equipment/sensors accompanying the deluxe technology package on the hybrid. He also said he was required to make that statement and is very keen on helping the car enthusiast crowd and he will do what he can ensure my car is aligned and calibrated properly after lowering.

Service and recalls were completed in 4 hours. My loaner car was a base G37 with 9K miles. I hated it, didn't remind me of my G35 at all. Maybe I am too spoiled and accustomed to the ride of my Q, but I would not have purchased a G37 based on my loaner experience. The only plus was less jaring ride over road imperfections. I now see how bad these run flat tires on the Q ride. There was no noticeable difference in the feel of the Q after the recall work.

Being satisfied with this dealer and their willingness to assist with my aftermarket endeavors, I am now planning a service appointment for an alignment and DAS calibration after the install of my BC Racing coilovers. If I can schedule a time after I have a day off to work on the car, I'll be completing the coilover install next week. Those results will be shared in a separate post in the near future.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You ended up ordering the BC racing coilovers?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Good to hear! Update us about how it goes! The only thing I am weary about dealership installs is that they are not that savy in terms of lowering rides, cambering for a proper wheel/tire tuck and toe! I hope the guy incharge of that does have some experience or at least that they would have everything done to the specs u like! I was just fortunate enough that the dude that did mine was a definite car enthusiast and does these things for the guys in his dealership! :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are hidden in the garage. Shhhh, don't tell my wife.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gbert, the master tech there has lowered every car he has owned. I feel he will look out for me properly. Fingers crossed. I will do the install, he is going to align and calibrate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.