Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st, when opening the door from inside, if the door is locked why does not pulling the handle unlock and open the doors?

2nd, when leaving the car, is there an auto door lock so i don't have to hit the fey fob button. something like after the last door closes 10 secs later it locks?

·
Registered
117 Posts
As for the door not opening when the handle is pulled, I noticed that immediately after getting my Q50, because it's a changed behavior from the G37 I had. I assume, for lack of a better reason, that Infiniti decided it's safer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Got to refute the G37 to Q50 change.

I have a 12 G37. Pulling on a locked handle from inside the car will NOT open the door. My 09 was the same way and I assume the Q50 is the same. Its a Nissan thing. Our 12 Altima is the same.

Now lots of German cars will unlock if you tug the handle once, then open with you pull the handle a second time.

Not sure what domestic makers operate.

So...no change in behavior from G37 to Q50.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Got to refute the G37 to Q50 change.

I have a 12 G37. Pulling on a locked handle from inside the car will NOT open the door. My 09 was the same way and I assume the Q50 is the same. Its a Nissan thing. Our 12 Altima is the same.

Now lots of German cars will unlock if you tug the handle once, then open with you pull the handle a second time.

Not sure what domestic makers operate.

So...no change in behavior from G37 to Q50.
Agreed. I have never owned a Nissan product that allowed you to unlock the door by pulling the handle. Some Ford and Chrysler products do allow this. I always thought it was strange since in my mind a lock should keep you from opening the door with the handle from either side.

The only way I have seen for the doors to lock automatically after a certain amount of time is for it to be done by an aftermarket alarm system. There may be manufacturers that incorporate this feature but it is not available on the Q50.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
2nd, when leaving the car, is there an auto door lock so i don't have to hit the fey fob button. something like after the last door closes 10 secs later it locks?
If you don't want to dig for your key fob, exit the car and close the door, and then you can simply press the button on the door handle and it will lock all the doors and set the alarm.

·
Registered
225 Posts
1st, when opening the door from inside, if the door is locked why does not pulling the handle unlock and open the doors?

I don't ever use the fob. When getting out of the car I just hit the interior lock button on the door.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I don't ever use the fob. When getting out of the car I just hit the interior lock button on the door.
Are you referring to the lock button inside the car? If so, that does not activate the security, i think. But pressing the button on the outside door handle does activate security and locks all doors.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I'm not following this. I have had no trouble opening the doors when I get out of the car. Secondly, I also lock the car with the inside door lock when I'm leaving the car, and it DOES set the alarm system. The system is set whether you do so from the inside or from the handle button.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm not following this. I have had no trouble opening the doors when I get out of the car. Secondly, I also lock the car with the inside door lock when I'm leaving the car, and it DOES set the alarm system. The system is set whether you do so from the inside or from the handle button.
^^^^ This.... My wife tried to open her door one day when it was locked and the alarm went off. I have been locking all my cars this way for years with no issues.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Go to "Setting" --> "Vehicle" --> Auto Unlock (I-Key)
There are setting to unlock doors when put on P (Parking), Ignition off, or Off.

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
65 Posts
^^^^ This.... My wife tried to open her door one day when it was locked and the alarm went off. I have been locking all my cars this way for years with no issues.
I have no issue with unlocking since as the driver, when I get out, it's in parked (and my setting is unlock in Parked) -- but it's annoying for the wife since she's used to the bimmer's pulled twice to get out.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I have no issue with unlocking since as the driver, when I get out, it's in parked (and my setting is unlock in Parked) -- but it's annoying for the wife since she's used to the bimmer's pulled twice to get out.
If someone is in the car, and you lock it from the outside, the alarm WILL go off if the person inside the car tries to get out(it's like someone on the outside trying to break in). Yes, the door can't be opened by pulling the door handle if the car is still running. Personally, I don't like the automatic door locking when the car starts moving, but as long as I keep the door closed when the car is running, it's not a problem.;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Go to "Setting" --> "Vehicle" --> Auto Unlock (I-Key)
There are setting to unlock doors when put on P (Parking), Ignition off, or Off.
yes i have it set for ignition off. For as much tech as this car has, i think they just over looked some real basic things.
The car i sold, a 2005 cadillac sts, had a remote start, not here, audi, mercedes etc. it had heated and cooled seats. same results for the this car as well as the competition ie not available. auto lock/arm when leaving the vehicle, again not here... and now infiniti treats me like a 5 year old and i have to manually unlock my door to exit..... i guess its about safety right. then why does the car not chime when the seatbelt isn't worn (1 feature i love about the car by the way)
and while we are on these conveniences, if i move my seat back at lunch to chill in the car, when i come back at the end of the day and my fob is recognized, i expect my seat to go back into my position. i have to hit the driver 1 button on the door to go back to my setting. again, i came near my car in my caddy, i opened the door and the seat went back to my saved position. this is a BIG miss.
dont get me wrong, i love the car. i just think they missed easy things that when some people try to come over from a different brand may not due to these little inconveniences.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hmm...either something is wrong with your car or you are not doing it right.
I do not have to manually unlock the door to exit. I turn the ignition off and open the door without touching any button.
The seat position does remember where I set it to without touching any button or the fob.
As for the seat belt, I always put the seatbelt on when I drive. I can try tomorrow morning and drive a little without seatbelt to see it make any warming sound.
I think it just some setting in the Intouch is not set correctly. Try to mess around with it more. If you still can't get it to work, take it to the dealer. Maybe something is wrong with your car.

i have to manually unlock my door to exit..... i guess its about safety right. then why does the car not chime when the seatbelt isn't worn (1 feature i love about the car by the way)
and while we are on these conveniences, if i move my seat back at lunch to chill in the car, when i come back at the end of the day and my fob is recognized, i expect my seat to go back into my position. i have to hit the driver 1 button on the door to go back to my setting. again, i came near my car in my caddy, i opened the door and the seat went back to my saved position. this is a BIG miss.
dont get me wrong, i love the car. i just think they missed easy things that when some people try to come over from a different brand may not due to these little inconveniences.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmm...either something is wrong with your car or you are not doing it right.
I do not have to manually unlock the door to exit. I turn the ignition off and open the door without touching any button.
The seat position does remember where I set it to without touching any button or the fob.
As for the seat belt, I always put the seatbelt on when I drive. I can try tomorrow morning and drive a little without seatbelt to see it make any warming sound.
I think it just some setting in the Intouch is not set correctly. Try to mess around with it more. If you still can't get it to work, take it to the dealer. Maybe something is wrong with your car.
*when i turn the ignition off i can get out fine also as per my settings. its the wife that gets trapped in. Otherwise every time someone exits my car i have to turn it off.
*the seatbelt thing is great...no chiming, that was a nice bonus so no issue there
*so your saying if you move your seat, leave and lock your doors, come back later, when you open the door the seat moves back to your stored position? its prob my biggest annoyance

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Check out 8-22 of the in-touch manual. Should have the lock/unlock features you are looking for

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Check out 8-22 of the in-touch manual. Should have the lock/unlock features you are looking for
yes i saw that, and as i said, mines set to unlock on off. i do not see the auto lock in my menu. I'm guessing it only in the tech package as there is an asterisk in the manual. which is really dumb if so. should be a standard feature across the entire line

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I drove with my buddy over the weekend. I don't remember I need to touch any unlock button. He can open the passenger door just fine.

There is no seatbelt warning sound when you don't buckle up. Only a red seatbelt warning light on the gauge. Perhaps, we can request Infiniti to add warning sound if you don't buckle up. This feature of course be able to turn on/off because it can annoy the heck out of people when it come to sound.

The seat does remember where you set without touching the "Set 1 or 2 button". I remember my wife drove last weekend, she set the seat to her preference. When I get in the car, it remember her seating position. I had to readjust to my seating preference and next time it does remember my seating position. I did not touch the Set 1,2 button. I haven't have time to program the 2nd fob for her, so we both use the same fob right now.
Since my memory is kinda vague lately (work, kid and car :eek:), I will double check it again and let you know.

*when i turn the ignition off i can get out fine also as per my settings. its the wife that gets trapped in. Otherwise every time someone exits my car i have to turn it off.
*the seatbelt thing is great...no chiming, that was a nice bonus so no issue there
*so your saying if you move your seat, leave and lock your doors, come back later, when you open the door the seat moves back to your stored position? its prob my biggest annoyance

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.