Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took a page from Q50Aggie, and complained to infiniti. I talked about all of the delays, and sent them a pm on their facebook. I said that I was used to infiniti taking care of their loyal customers, but it seems that with this launch and a lot of broken promises that customer loyalty has taken a back seat to confusion. I received a message the next morning asking for my contact info and pre-order #. Just got a call and was offered 2 yrs of free basic maintenance. They told me that as soon as I take possession of my new Q50, call them and give them the VIN# to receive the maintenance for 2 yrs. Good to see that they are trying to own their mistakes, and hopefully will be taking on an attitude of making things right.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Dang! It pays to complain! Haha! Good thing they compensated you! Hope CarolinaQ50 gets some kind of compensation too!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Made me the same offer and I brushed it off as "irrelevant" to the CSR.

To be honest I'd trade oil changes and tire rotations for getting cars on time or even a credit to use towards accessories. I run synthetic oil anyways on all my cars, which is probably not covered in this free maintenance.

If you drive 12k a year, in 2 years thats 3 tire rotations and 5 oil changes at most.
A total value of maybe $400 bucks worth of service that the dealership then has to do paperwork to claim.

My guess is that they use the generic nissan cardboard backed filters and bulk engine oil. I prefer synthetic and metal backed filters. Those who are DIY-ers know what I am talking about.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I got the Midnight Black Grill covered by Infiniti thanks to my dealer! Sitting in my garage now ready to be installed! Saved me $440 Bucks!

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Made me the same offer and I brushed it off as "irrelevant" to the CSR.

To be honest I'd trade oil changes and tire rotations for getting cars on time or even a credit to use towards accessories. I run synthetic oil anyways on all my cars, which is probably not covered in this free maintenance.

If you drive 12k a year, in 2 years thats 3 tire rotations and 5 oil changes at most.
A total value of maybe $400 bucks worth of service that the dealership then has to do paperwork to claim.

My guess is that they use the generic nissan cardboard backed filters and bulk engine oil. I prefer synthetic and metal backed filters. Those who are DIY-ers know what I am talking about.
I found out today that infiniti uses full synthetic on the q50 from factory and that'the only approved type of oil. They'll also send you a $300 gift card to any infiniti retailer if you don't want the oil changes

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Dang! It pays to complain! Haha! Good thing they compensated you! Hope CarolinaQ50 gets some kind of compensation too!
I received the 2 yrs free maintenance from corporate so far. I haven't mentioned it to the dealer yet though.:mad:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Pictures please!!! How much was it?
It was free but the price said $440 on it. I am taking it Tuesday to be installed (for free) since it basically requires removing the whole front bumper and I don't have time to mess with it. I will get pics asap!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Squeaky wheel always gets the attention, Infiniti wantsQ50 to bring in more than loyal customers.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I got the Midnight Black Grill covered by Infiniti thanks to my dealer! Sitting in my garage now ready to be installed! Saved me $440 Bucks!
Yes pics pls! Lucky!!! Why cant I get a break! Dang! :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I got a call today too and for the free two year maintenance as well. I would rather have a free accessory though instead but I'll take what I get. Better than nothing at all

·
Registered
585 Posts
I found out today that infiniti uses full synthetic on the q50 from factory and that'the only approved type of oil.
That's good news (and becoming more and more common with newer vehicles).

Probably still using the paper-based filters, but this is a good start in the right direction.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I found out today that infiniti uses full synthetic on the q50 from factory and that'the only approved type of oil. They'll also send you a $300 gift card to any infiniti retailer if you don't want the oil changes
Thanks for this, I'd rather take the $300 gift card.

Your local dealership must use synthetic, there is no factory requirement from the factory to use Synthetic engine oil, the is just the regular VQ35 or VQ37 engine that is used in many other Infiniti & Nissan cars. I called the local service department, they said $60 on top of regular oil change cost to use synthetic Mobil 1. (My GT-R absolutely requires synthetic and warranty is void if it is not used.)

Regarding filters I wish the pictures were still around, but this G37 owner did extensive research and learned that the generic Nissan filters are the chepo frams.

Don't Use Nissan OEM Oil Filters (Long Post - Lotsa Pics) - MyG37

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Am I being ungrateful?

...for not seeing much value in the 2 yrs free basic maintenance plan that I got (like so many of you) for the complaints to Infiniti? I got my paperwork delivered this morning and man is it bare bones! I knew (conventional) oil changes and tire rotations were included, but I figured at least wiper blade replacements would be covered as well :(. Even more importantly, it's not even a full 2 years worth of coverage, as it's limited to only 20k miles! I will likely hit 20k miles before another 2 yrs pass by. So, with me getting oil changes every 5k miles, at apprx. $60/oil change at the dealer, I'll only realize a net benefit of $60*4=$240 (Tire rotations I never pay for regardless). I should've asked about the alternative ($300?) gift card option mentioned here. No wonder they were so quick to offer everyone this plan. I feel like I deserve more from corporate. :mad:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Hi Aggie,
How did you find out about this? Did you call HQ?
I think I got rip off buying maintenance package and it is not even using synthetic oil. They call it blend. I am not even sure what that means.

I was also told by someone else that all new infiniti cars come with first free oil change. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
First free oil change is up to the dealer, not Infiniti. My dealer offer me 1st free oil change and got mine done on 2k miles.
Blend is just regular oil (not Synthetic). You don't really need Synthetic if you change oil around 5K interval. If you plan to change oil in 10K interval, than Synthetic is the way to go.
I got the 2 years free basic maintenance from Infiniti. It's clearly stated on the paper that it only offer regular oil change. When I got my oil change, my dealer used regular oil.
Once I use up the 2 years free basic maintenance, I'll use Synthetic oil.

Hi Aggie,
How did you find out about this? Did you call HQ?
I think I got rip off buying maintenance package and it is not even using synthetic oil. They call it blend. I am not even sure what that means.

I was also told by someone else that all new infiniti cars come with first free oil change. Is this true?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.