Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys
I have a g37s lease for $467.00 with 21,000 miles a year and put 1,000 down. My car dosent have nav, just the sport with lighted kick plates. Pretty sure my msrp was around $43,000 when I bought. I'm having trouble matching my deal on a q50s. Msrp's have gone up a bit, but I should be able to get the q50s with just the sport package for under $500 with the same Millage right or have intrest rates and residuals changed the formula? So far all my quotes are around $575.00

·
Registered
478 Posts
It all depends on what incentives are going on. Right now, you can get $2500 for loyalty and possible VPP depending on where you work. I personally have never done a lease with that mileage, but I do know that we do a 20,000 mile lease. There really won't be much difference between leasing and purchasing at this point though because the residual will change so much. That is why your payment is so much higher.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I didn't even know you could negotiate a lease for that kind of mileage.

Well, as you've already pointed out, the Q50S is not equivalent to the G37S anymore and there are a lot of situational factors to keep in mind that will affect the rates and residuals. I'm assuming that you signed the lease on your current G37 around 3 years ago? I can guarantee you that the interest rates and residuals on the Q50 are quite different now in comparison. At first glance, I can't say whether or not $575 with $1,000 down for a 20,000 mile lease seems high or not, especially not knowing the length of the lease or how it will affect your residual.

I think I'll move this into the Dealers and Pricing section soon to increase visibility for our leasing gurus here. They should be able to provide some detailed information on the basis for the rates.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Money factors, incentives, residuals, etc., are all different for different vehicles. Just because one has the same MSRP and you're putting the same mileage into it, doesn't mean the payment will be the same.

Most miles I've had a customer write into a lease is 25K/year. Above 15 or 18K/year, you no longer lower the residual, but rather just add $0.10/mile over and add that into the lease cost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just went through the same thing- i had a 2011 G37xS (no nav) with 20k per year for 415 a month, i did 1200 out the door at signing. I went round and round with a few dealers to try to get the same deal on a q50S awd but couldn't do it. Ended up getting a non-sport AWD with nav/premium for $435mo with 1st month and tags (660) at signing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just went through the same thing- i had a 2011 G37xS (no nav) with 20k per year for 415 a month, i did 1200 out the door at signing. I went round and round with a few dealers to try to get the same deal on a q50S awd but couldn't do it. Ended up getting a non-sport AWD with nav/premium for $435mo with 1st month and tags (660) at signing.
Wow that was a good deal you got last time! Nice to know you were able to get a q50 for just $20.00 more. I have three payments left so I was just hoping to upgrade early but the offers on sports models were over $100.00 a month more. Have you been happy with the q50 after having a g37S? I might have to do the same thing and get a non sport. I know the residual is worse on a sport q50 (according to my sales guys) and I don't want to spend $100.00 more just for the S.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Wow that was a good deal you got last time! Nice to know you were able to get a q50 for just $20.00 more. I have three payments left so I was just hoping to upgrade early but the offers on sports models were over $100.00 a month more. Have you been happy with the q50 after having a g37S? I might have to do the same thing and get a non sport. I know the residual is worse on a sport q50 (according to my sales guys) and I don't want to spend $100.00 more just for the S.
I don't know what your preferences are or if you're on a tight budget and I don't even know if you've had the opportunity to test the sport model, I personally would very much consider the extra $100 for the S.

Especially if you're coming from a G37S, I don't know if you'll be content with the non-sport Q50. They're very different cars.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
2xG37s, would 2nd what SimsonTide said, and the seats on the sport are a lot better to.
Since you spend a lot of time driving.. it might be something to think about.

What kind of sale price are they offering?
As Matt said above, you get $2500 loyalty lease.

Are they quoting you giving you a good sale price and the $2500 loyalty cash?
And what about MSD's ?
I would bet with MSD's your quote of $575 would drop to around $500 or so.

What is the residual they offer on a lease like that.
Do you max at 15K or 18K and pay 10c a mile after that?
It's hard to get a price conception in my head since I don't know how they do leases with that many miles? :confused:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I do know that it is $0.25 a mile if you go over your lease miles. As for how they would run a 20,000 mile lease, I am not exactly sure. My coworker did an 18,000 mile one yesterday on a Q50, but I'm not exactly sure what the deal looked like. I'm sure they can customize this however you want to do it, just work them. Do not be afraid to leave and go to another dealership too because that is when they will stop bs'ing and be strait up with you.

Reactions: 2xG37s lease guy

·
Registered
15 Posts
For high mileage lease, the residual is the same as 15K, however, you add .10 per mile over 15K put into the payments.

I like my Q50awd, but I loved my G37xS- the Q has some good features, and might actually be more comfortable to drive, but the G has more 'attitude' I feel. Of course, once I figure out what my Q can actually do feature wise, I might feel differently.

I looked at the Q sport, but for me, I decided it wasn't worth the extra money, however, if they still had made a G37xS I probably would have gone back with it over the Q, but when I did the deal on 1/2/14 the Q was cheaper than the G for my lease.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Guys
I have a g37s lease for $467.00 with 21,000 miles a year and put 1,000 down. My car dosent have nav, just the sport with lighted kick plates. Pretty sure my msrp was around $43,000 when I bought. I'm having trouble matching my deal on a q50s. Msrp's have gone up a bit, but I should be able to get the q50s with just the sport package for under $500 with the same Millage right or have intrest rates and residuals changed the formula? So far all my quotes are around $575.00
Wth the infiniti loyalty, you should DEFNATELY be under $500. We traded our shop M35x that we only had for 6 mo, and traded it with neg equity and STILL were well under $500. I would keep shopping arnd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.