Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I've used search and read a lot of threads but still not getting the info I need. Wondering if a few experts could weight in.
I'm pretty set on going 20x10 all around set up. I have AWD for 1 and 2nd I want to be able to rotate these.
1. I'm wondering what the best offset to go with so I get a nice concave look all the way around. Most people are running 10.5 on the rear only which has a nice concave but the 9 fronts are not so much.
2. What's the best tire size for this width? When I look around on most websites including tirerack they recommend 245/35/20 for 9" wheels and then jump up to 275 when you hit 10.5". what's best for 10"? Shouldn't it be 255 or 265?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
:0 off topic but where did you get the Tanabe catback from i thought it wasnt released? got a video and or pic of the NF210 springs?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:0 off topic but where did you get the Tanabe catback from i thought it wasnt released? got a video and or pic of the NF210 springs?
That was on my last car. The G37S Coupe. I should take that out of my signature, its a little confusing.
If Tanabe gets an axel-back or full cat-back setup to market for the Q50 anytime soon I'll wee myself. That was the most violently sexy noise a car could make.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Are u planning on lowering the car? If so, i'd say go for that first then after that measure how much clearance u have tonfigure out how much room u can play with! Someone has the 10.5 all around or u can also ask theqcontinuum what his specs are! Then again those 2 are lowered! First one now on bags!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are u planning on lowering the car? If so, i'd say go for that first then after that measure how much clearance u have tonfigure out how much room u can play with! Someone has the 10.5 all around or u can also ask theqcontinuum what his specs are! Then again those 2 are lowered! First one now on bags!
I was planning on dropping once I get the rims so I can see how much drop I need and pick between springs or coilover..

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I was planning on dropping once I get the rims so I can see how much drop I need and pick between springs or coilover..
U usually do things the other way around! Drop first to maximize the potential of your wheel specs!

Reactions: cvipgo

·
Registered
70 Posts
Okay so I've used search and read a lot of threads but still not getting the info I need. Wondering if a few experts could weight in.
I'm pretty set on going 20x10 all around set up. I have AWD for 1 and 2nd I want to be able to rotate these.
1. I'm wondering what the best offset to go with so I get a nice concave look all the way around. Most people are running 10.5 on the rear only which has a nice concave but the 9 fronts are not so much.
2. What's the best tire size for this width? When I look around on most websites including tirerack they recommend 245/35/20 for 9" wheels and then jump up to 275 when you hit 10.5". what's best for 10"? Shouldn't it be 255 or 265?
I'm in pretty much the same boat and IMHO I would say to do the suspension first as well, only bad part about that is that there is nothing as far as suspension for our AWD cars yet. IF you do wheels first you might be very limited to what you can do as far as suspension like not being able to go as low as you really want because of the offset or rim width, whereas doing suspension first will allow you to really work with offsets and get the perfect stance and fitment that you want. Again just my opinion as it's an ongoing battle I'm having with myself as well. A 255/35/20 should be a nice fit on a 20x10 wheel, this is probably what I'll end up doing once I can get a [email protected] suspension set up.

Reactions: maddsiick

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What kind of look are you going for. Hella Flush, Flush, tucked, Hella tucked. LOL Also do you want to stretch a tire or not. Figure out what you want, then lower it, then get wheels.
Flush. I know I might need to use spacers to get it perfect.
I want a tire with enough side wall to give a little protection to the rim but nothing meaty.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in pretty much the same boat and IMHO I would say to do the suspension first as well, only bad part about that is that there is nothing as far as suspension for our AWD cars yet. IF you do wheels first you might be very limited to what you can do as far as suspension like not being able to go as low as you really want because of the offset or rim width, whereas doing suspension first will allow you to really work with offsets and get the perfect stance and fitment that you want. Again just my opinion as it's an ongoing battle I'm having with myself as well. A 255/35/20 should be a nice fit on a 20x10 wheel, this is probably what I'll end up doing once I can get a [email protected] suspension set up.
Exactly. Current suspension options are Tanabe lowering springs or BC coilovers. Unless I'm missing anything. RS-R are still in development.
255/35/20 is what I was thinking as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Tanabe only has lowering springs for RWD and same with the BC coilovers. I think Mark from Stillen recently posted that RS-R is in the process of developing lowering springs as well as coilovers for AWD.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright so we know currently us AWD owners are hosed when it comes to suspension options... but if I'm looking to move forward with a square 20" wheel setup, any offset and tire suggestions out there?
- I'm looking for a flush look, concave wheels, and enough tire to fit the rim properly (with enough rubber to protect the rim face but not looking like a drag radial)
- When the options to drop the car come around someday I'll be going conservative, low enough to fill the wheel well gap, but not slammed and hopefully preserving some ride comfort. The pot holes here in Milwaukee destroyed at least 2 of the stock 19"s on my previous G37S Coupe with lowered Tanabe springs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im thinking a +25 would work for a squared 20x10

So this brings up the driving force of my original question... I was under the impression the lower the offset the more aggressive the concave effect, but with the more aggressive concave effect I will run into issues clearing the front brake calipers on the big brakes of the Sport model.
Maybe I have it backwards. But I've been reading every piece of material on wheel offsets I can get my hands on for the past 4 months.
Until the temperature in Milwaukee gets above 50 they won't start repairing the pot holes so I couldn't mount new wheels on my car anyway.

Random pain point of mine... Why is every Grey or Black wheel option only offered in a Matte finish? What happened to the Gloss options? The ratio of wheels offered between Matte and Gloss is literally about 95/5. Sorry, I just feel like every Matte finish looks like brake dusk or a cheap spray paint job.
I had the same issue 5 years ago when getting the wheels painted on my G37S coupe and I ended up getting the Sport rims powder coated Gunmetal GLOSS because there was no other aftermarket option. And that is expensive when you need to dismount the tires, have them powder coated, then remount the tires..

I would have the Vossen CV5 on order if it came in gloss graphite and not just matte.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
So this brings up the driving force of my original question... I was under the impression the lower the offset the more aggressive the concave effect, but with the more aggressive concave effect I will run into issues clearing the front brake calipers on the big brakes of the Sport model.
Maybe I have it backwards. But I've been reading every piece of material on wheel offsets I can get my hands on for the past 4 months.
Until the temperature in Milwaukee gets above 50 they won't start repairing the pot holes so I couldn't mount new wheels on my car anyway.

Random pain point of mine... Why is every Grey or Black wheel option only offered in a Matte finish? What happened to the Gloss options? The ratio of wheels offered between Matte and Gloss is literally about 95/5. Sorry, I just feel like every Matte finish looks like brake dusk or a cheap spray paint job.
I had the same issue 5 years ago when getting the wheels painted on my G37S coupe and I ended up getting the Sport rims powder coated Gunmetal GLOSS because there was no other aftermarket option. And that is expensive when you need to dismount the tires, have them powder coated, then remount the tires..

I would have the Vossen CV5 on order if it came in gloss graphite and not just matte.
If I were you id get a set of silver polished CV7s instead man, they look way nicer IMO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.