Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! I'm SO glad that I found this forum!! I am smack dab in the middle of working to pre-order my Q50 but need some advice and help. I do so love being single but there are disadvantages at times like this!!

So, I leased my 2010 G37S Anniversary Edition and it is due to be turned in late August! I spent literally 40-60 hours researching every car in this class, i.e., BMW 328i, Mercedes C300, Audi A4, Volvo S60, for one that offered a folding rear seat. Although a few offered the folding seat none could hold a candle to what the G37 offers and it even beat many in a variety of tests. So I had nearly given up and decide to just buy my car at the end of lease when I finally watched the videos on the Infiniti site. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the folding rear seat is now an option on the Q50! Ummm I could have saved a LOT of time had the sales rep mentioned that to me when I test drove the EX a couple of weeks ago!!!!

Anyway, so now I'm dying to get my Q50 on order but since I've never done this before, I'm a bit lost and want to make sure I don't get taken advantage of when I do turn it in! Sooo, here are a few concerns (I reserve the right to have more as I'm sure I will not recall all right now):

1) How tedious is Infiniti on the turn-in inspection? I've not had an accident and the interior is in excellent condition but I'm a shorty so my poor wheels have seen better days. Let's just say they've met a curb or two over the past three years. I also have "eyelashes" on the front lights (hey, I'm a chick don't judge me! Ha) and unfortunately as adorable as they are and get a lot of attention, my hood has taken a beating from them on the freeway. The paint isn't scratched but definitely have black marks from the plastic that I can't remove myself. I'm so worried that even with the $500 towards repairs that I received, I'll owe more than I even want to think about. Lord knows I do not want to break down crying when they give me the news!!

2) I've read on other threads that the Q50 price is non-negotiable from the MRSP. Is that the price quoted on the main Infiniti site after adding packages and options? Is that likely to change before the end of 2013?

3) My new dealership stated that I could actually have equity from my lease and put that toward my Q50. He was going to research it but I haven't heard back. I Googled and researched a bit then checked Auto Trader for my car with options. If the CPOs are selling for over $30K and my residual is $23K, is it fair to assume I might have even a little in equity? My original dealership never even mentioned this as a possibility but since my new dealership mentioned it, I hope to take advantage of this if possible.

4) I gave the new dealership my very specific specifications on the Q50 that I would like: Premium (sports will knock me above what I want to pay monthly), with Navigation Package, Deluxe Touring Package (need the folding seats!), Ruby Red with wood trim. He checked the 7 ordered cars but the red didn't have the touring package. I asked about ordering the one I want and he initially said it was possible because they'd just switch it out with another dealership or something. But now he seems to be trying to get me to compromise on something else, that they will have on order. Am I not able to just order to specifics like the site indicates?

5) All the pictures that I've seen, including on the Infiniti site, are all of the sports model. My current G37 is also sports so I REALLY need to see what the Q50 Premium front and rear look like before I order one. I absolutely LOVE the sexier look of the sport and worry that I will not like the more buttoned up sedan look. Are there any pictures of the Premium out there?? Oddly enough, my local dealership (whom I'm cutting ties with as soon as my G37 lease is over...let's just say I question their integrity and honesty) is having a reveal this week, which I'm planning to attend, but when I RSVP'd they informed me that the car actually won't even be here in person!! WHAT?!?!?! Why have a reveal without the car?!?! I am glad that I asked but I bet there will be many frustrated customers.

OK, I've written plenty for now! I would appreciate any help that you can offer! Thank you in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Hey y'all! I'm SO glad that I found this forum!! I am smack dab in the middle of working to pre-order my Q50 but need some advice and help. I do so love being single but there are disadvantages at times like this!!

So, I leased my 2010 G37S Anniversary Edition and it is due to be turned in late August! I spent literally 40-60 hours researching every car in this class, i.e., BMW 328i, Mercedes C300, Audi A4, Volvo S60, for one that offered a folding rear seat. Although a few offered the folding seat none could hold a candle to what the G37 offers and it even beat many in a variety of tests. So I had nearly given up and decide to just buy my car at the end of lease when I finally watched the videos on the Infiniti site. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the folding rear seat is now an option on the Q50! Ummm I could have saved a LOT of time had the sales rep mentioned that to me when I test drove the EX a couple of weeks ago!!!!

Anyway, so now I'm dying to get my Q50 on order but since I've never done this before, I'm a bit lost and want to make sure I don't get taken advantage of when I do turn it in! Sooo, here are a few concerns (I reserve the right to have more as I'm sure I will not recall all right now):

1) How tedious is Infiniti on the turn-in inspection? I've not had an accident and the interior is in excellent condition but I'm a shorty so my poor wheels have seen better days. Let's just say they've met a curb or two over the past three years. I also have "eyelashes" on the front lights (hey, I'm a chick don't judge me! Ha) and unfortunately as adorable as they are and get a lot of attention, my hood has taken a beating from them on the freeway. The paint isn't scratched but definitely have black marks from the plastic that I can't remove myself. I'm so worried that even with the $500 towards repairs that I received, I'll owe more than I even want to think about. Lord knows I do not want to break down crying when they give me the news!!

2) I've read on other threads that the Q50 price is non-negotiable from the MRSP. Is that the price quoted on the main Infiniti site after adding packages and options? Is that likely to change before the end of 2013?

3) My new dealership stated that I could actually have equity from my lease and put that toward my Q50. He was going to research it but I haven't heard back. I Googled and researched a bit then checked Auto Trader for my car with options. If the CPOs are selling for over $30K and my residual is $23K, is it fair to assume I might have even a little in equity? My original dealership never even mentioned this as a possibility but since my new dealership mentioned it, I hope to take advantage of this if possible.

4) I gave the new dealership my very specific specifications on the Q50 that I would like: Premium (sports will knock me above what I want to pay monthly), with Navigation Package, Deluxe Touring Package (need the folding seats!), Ruby Red with wood trim. He checked the 7 ordered cars but the red didn't have the touring package. I asked about ordering the one I want and he initially said it was possible because they'd just switch it out with another dealership or something. But now he seems to be trying to get me to compromise on something else, that they will have on order. Am I not able to just order to specifics like the site indicates?

5) All the pictures that I've seen, including on the Infiniti site, are all of the sports model. My current G37 is also sports so I REALLY need to see what the Q50 Premium front and rear look like before I order one. I absolutely LOVE the sexier look of the sport and worry that I will not like the more buttoned up sedan look. Are there any pictures of the Premium out there?? Oddly enough, my local dealership (whom I'm cutting ties with as soon as my G37 lease is over...let's just say I question their integrity and honesty) is having a reveal this week, which I'm planning to attend, but when I RSVP'd they informed me that the car actually won't even be here in person!! WHAT?!?!?! Why have a reveal without the car?!?! I am glad that I asked but I bet there will be many frustrated customers.

OK, I've written plenty for now! I would appreciate any help that you can offer! Thank you in advance!!!
0) Welcome o the boards!

1)Infiniti is much more tedious unfortunately than lets say Acura on lease turn ins however since you are going to buy/lease another Infiniti they very well may over look a lot of things ...

2) most are going to pay MSRP for the vehicle but you would at the very least have loyalty cash as a returning Infiniti customer ...or if you have a good relationship with a dealer they may be able to give you a slight discount on MSRP..

3)YES it is very likely that you may have equity in your current G ... Take it to the nearest CarMax and have them appraise it ... If its worth more than you owe you win they will pay off your car and cut you a check for any amount above your payoff... Also if you do it this way you don't have to worry about lease turn in inspection and or additional costs ;)

4) Find another dealership that will order exactly what you want ... That dealership seems lazy and unwilling to help so why give them your business? I personally would get the sport have it on both my 2010 G's and the brakes alone are worth it ...

5) Glad your leaving that dealer as that is absurd to have a reveal party for a car with out the car lol

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
0) Welcome o the boards!

1)Infiniti is much more tedious unfortunately than lets say Acura on lease turn ins however since you are going to buy/lease another Infiniti they very well may over look a lot of things ...

2) most are going to pay MSRP for the vehicle but you would at the very least have loyalty cash as a returning Infiniti customer ...or if you have a good relationship with a dealer they may be able to give you a slight discount on MSRP..

3)YES it is very likely that you may have equity in your current G ... Take it to the nearest CarMax and have them appraise it ... If its worth more than you owe you win they will pay off your car and cut you a check for any amount above your payoff... Also if you do it this way you don't have to worry about lease turn in inspection and or additional costs ;)

4) Find another dealership that will order exactly what you want ... That dealership seems lazy and unwilling to help so why give them your business? I personally would get the sport have it on both my 2010 G's and the brakes alone are worth it ...

5) Glad your leaving that dealer as that is absurd to have a reveal party for a car with out the car lol
Lord, I hope I'm responding correctly!! Thanks for the response GtoQ! Believe me, if I could afford the Sports package, I'd get it but I'm trying to stay as close to $700/month as I can and without a big down payment, makes it unlikely!! But boy I will miss it!!!

SOOO let me get this straight, I can actually sell my leased car to CarMax??? How is that possible? Do I tell them it is a leased car prior to the appraisal? I'd think that may skew the numbers. Is there anything special that I would need to do at CarMax or Infiniti if I went this direction??

Oh and believe me, my local dealership will not get my new business! They literally told me last week (less than a week before the fake reveal coming up) that they could not work on a deal for me until they have an invoice. That is when I decided enough is enough and contacted another dealership, which isn't even in the same state. THAT is how much I distrust them!

You've been a big help! Thanks again!

Reactions: GtoQ

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts

Hmmm, I'll try answer these as best I can.

First of all, welcome to the boards. Lots of friendly folks here!

1) How tedious is Infiniti on the turn-in inspection? If you buy another Infiniti, they waive the first $500 in repair costs typically (if you have an Infiniti lease currently). It might make sense to see if you can find someone to fix up the wheels. There are people out there that fix and paint them to look like new. I think it was only about $100 +/- when I had it done a few years back. You can call the dealership or even a local car wash (had them pay to fix my wheel since their guide person chunked me right into the wheel track and that's how my wheel got scraped). Also, you should see if maybe they can do a buyout of your lease instead of turning it in. They get to sell a used car (if there is equity as you mentioned) and you don't have to worry about repair costs as they'll fix everything to prep it for sale and work that into the price they pay you for it. Oh, and I don't know what to tell you about those headlight eyelashes :D

2) I've read on other threads that the Q50 price is non-negotiable from the MRSP. Not sure that will be true but I wouldn't count on much of a discount initially. I could be wrong - still holding out hope they incentivize them to get a bunch on the road but that's not likely. There are options for a lease pull ahead program from Infiniti but not for the Q yet. Conversely, you could always ask to extend your lease month to month to wait out a special order for exactly what you want and to see if any incentives pop up toward the end of the year or if the Q doesn't sell as well as Infiniti hopes out of the gate. It couldn't hurt to call around a bit to see if you can get a discount though. Some people on the boards are getting something off of MSRP but the dealer I usually work with has said they aren't doing anything (I also think they think I'm going to pay MSRP to them the moment the Q comes out which isn't a very good way to approach things but I can't blame them for trying).

3) My new dealership stated that I could actually have equity from my lease and put that toward my Q50. Wow - that's a great residual and potential equity situation. Be careful they don't try to put that equity into the lease. That's the same thing as paying money upfront to reduce the lease payment. If something happens to the car you are out that money. You should be able to use it toward taxes, title, tags, etc. Don't be surprised if they try to tell you there isn't any equity though. See what they say and shop it around a bit. I have a 10 sport, tech, premium, etc. - pretty rare with the tech and sport so 'desirable' per the dealership but I'm about $27k on my residual buyout and I don't know that there's enough profit in the car (only have about 33k miles on it) for the dealer since there are a lot for sale and will be more when the Q comes out. I may see if they can buy it out just so I can avoid the lease turn in hassle. Not sure yet.

4)Am I not able to just order to specifics like the site indicates? My understanding on this (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) is that the site that is up right now is basically a 'pre-reserve' site to gauge interest from the public and to get an idea about how people might want to get their Q. There isn't any obligation or real order to my knowledge. To actually place an order, you would have to do that through a dealer. Also my understanding is that the first set of cars coming to the dealers are preconfigured and the ordered cars will be in the next production cycle - so maybe a few months out. Of course they want to sell the first ones to hit their lots. I'm guessing Infiniti is really incentivizing the dealers to move their initial allotment. So if you want a specific car and can wait, put your foot down and order. Also, don't forget if you need more time on your lease for delivery, Infiniti can often do a month to month lease extension until your car comes in.

5) All the pictures that I've seen, including on the Infiniti site, are all of the sports model. I leased an 08 G35 and always felt the front end was a little 'frumpy' for my tastes. I was really excited when the Sport came out in AWD and when I leased in 2010 I jumped on it. I'm glad I did. If you look at some photos you'll be able to see the difference. The thread on colors would probably be a good place to start. Ultimately, you'll have to see the difference for yourself and probably in person. Here are some photos with some side by side but not from every angle: http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/ne...market-infiniti-nice-pics-black-graphite.html

Good luck whatever you end up doing and post back to let us know what your dealer comes back with regarding the trade, lease, etc.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
SOOO let me get this straight, I can actually sell my leased car to CarMax??? How is that possible? Do I tell them it is a leased car prior to the appraisal? I'd think that may skew the numbers. Is there anything special that I would need to do at CarMax or Infiniti if I went this direction??
You most certainly can. Just check your lease paperwork to see what the buyout is at the end of the lease term. You can also call IFS to get the information. If CarMax offers you more than this for the car, do the deal and the difference is all yours. You just need to tell CarMax the situation after they make you an offer. That way, they won't expect you to have a title in hand if you take the offer.

Reactions: GtoQ

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great advice everyone! Thanks so much!!! I will definitely stop by CarMax this week and see what they say. I'd LOVE to be able to sell it and not have to worry about the wheels and eyelash damage...yeah, that sounds odd to write as it does to read!

If they are unable to pay me more than I owe, I will take the advice to find someone to work on the wheels!! I am SURE it would be cheaper to have repaired outside Infiniti just by going by their quote of $2000 for tires they wanted me to buy last year....I went elsewhere for $800!!!

Thanks for the great insight into the MSRP and what to expect. It is also good to know that I may be able to do a month to month until I can get the car I really want and won't have to settle. I'm glad to know it's an option! Although I'll admit, patience is not my virtue when it comes to waiting on new things I want! But maybe (cough) I could save up a bit more to spring for the sports package as well!!

Thanks for the link to the side by side. It's a little hard to tell the difference since different angles but I got a good idea. I'm still going to attend the "reveal without an actual car" on Tuesday to see if there are videos/blown up pics of the Premium.

Y'all gave me a lot to consider and great information to know when I go to the dealership.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Looks like the other members already answered most of your questions. If you're anywhere around Northern California and would like to deal with someone who will be patient and knowledgeable about the process, your car and the new car, PM me. I have a few customers in similar situation to you and I've been able to work out good deals for them.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Sinecure, although I lived in the Bay Area for 13 years, I am now in Nashville. Otherwise, I'd take you up on that offer! Thank you very much and please feel free to offer me any inside scoop or advice!! :)

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Thanks Sinecure, although I lived in the Bay Area for 13 years, I am now in Nashville. Otherwise, I'd take you up on that offer! Thank you very much and please feel free to offer me any inside scoop or advice!! :)
You can go to Infiniti of Cool Springs:

Please join Owner Carmine Grassi and his Staff
as they reveal the future of automotive luxury, the 2014 Infiniti Q50
making its model debut at The Grand Opening of the All-New Infiniti of Cool Springs
June 25th, 2013
5PM until 8PM
To complement the luxurious lifestyle embodied by the 2014 Q50
the evening will also include:
Gourmet Hors D’oeuvres
Premium Brand Beers And Wines
Live Entertainment
Be our guest for a personal tour of our impressive new showroom
plus an exclusive first look at the Infiniti Q50 and your chance
to reserve one for yourself.
RSVP by June 21st: [email protected] or call 615-771-7171

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is it with female G37 owners trading in for the Q50. We have a few just on this forum lol.

Just curious. From a female perspective, what do you think about the design of the Q50?
I'm not sure that I understand your question. Are you suggesting that it is odd that women drivers of the G37 shouldn't want the new Q50? For me, I was trading my car in regardless if it was the Q50 or something else because I need a car with folding rear seats. I absolutely love my car and would purchase it at end of lease if it did have folding rear seats.

As I mentioned in my initial post, my Sports version is a sexy car, the V6 engine and the technology options are beyond what BMW 328i and Mercedes C300 can offer. As a Vice President of Business Technology, having the two touchscreens and all the new technology won me over without a doubt. I'm all about the latest and greatest gadgets and the Q50 has them in spades. As far as the exterior, I think it is sharp and I love the curved/waved lines although I prefer the previous tail lights. It's a winner in my book from what I have seen and researched.

Did that answer your question cfrp?

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can go to Infiniti of Cool Springs:

Please join Owner Carmine Grassi and his Staff
as they reveal the future of automotive luxury, the 2014 Infiniti Q50
making its model debut at The Grand Opening of the All-New Infiniti of Cool Springs
June 25th, 2013
5PM until 8PM
To complement the luxurious lifestyle embodied by the 2014 Q50
the evening will also include:
Gourmet Hors D’oeuvres
Premium Brand Beers And Wines
Live Entertainment
Be our guest for a personal tour of our impressive new showroom
plus an exclusive first look at the Infiniti Q50 and your chance
to reserve one for yourself.
RSVP by June 21st: [email protected] or call 615-771-7171
Oh are you an employee/rep at the Cool Springs dealership? The info you posted about the grand opening makes me think that you must work there to have all that information. ha

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A couple of follow-up questions...

I do have a couple of follow-up questions for everyone.

1) If I sell to CarMax, would I lose the loyalty rewards when purchasing/leasing the Q50?

2) I'm looking at my lease paperwork and it states a Disposition Fee of $395 if I do not purchase the car. Will I still have to pay that if I sell to CarMax?

3) Also on the paperwork it lists under, "Estimated Fees and Taxes" that I owe around $2K for official and license fees, registration, title and taxes, including personal property taxes, over the term of my lease. It also states that it could be included in my monthly payments or assessed otherwise. I'm HOPING that means I've been paying that fee as part of my monthly payment but I want to confirm that it is not something I will be hit with at lease end. Is that correct?

4) With all these extra fees (like the Disposition Fee, Rent Charge ($4K) and worrying about over mileage and excessive wear and tear, is leasing worth it over purchasing the car? I know it's usually a decision based on individual needs, but the only real reason I leased my current car was the payments were cheaper (in the short term) and I could get a new car three years later. I'm not sure that it makes sense any longer. I worry about being ripped off or paying ridiculous fees for a lease versus a purchase. Thoughts?!?!

My paperwork indicates that my residual is $25K so I hope I'm able to get that much from CarMax!!

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I'm not sure that I understand your question. Are you suggesting that it is odd that women drivers of the G37 shouldn't want the new Q50? For me, I was trading my car in regardless if it was the Q50 or something else because I need a car with folding rear seats. I absolutely love my car and would purchase it at end of lease if it did have folding rear seats.

As I mentioned in my initial post, my Sports version is a sexy car, the V6 engine and the technology options are beyond what BMW 328i and Mercedes C300 can offer. As a Vice President of Business Technology, having the two touchscreens and all the new technology won me over without a doubt. I'm all about the latest and greatest gadgets and the Q50 has them in spades. As far as the exterior, I think it is sharp and I love the curved/waved lines although I prefer the previous tail lights. It's a winner in my book from what I have seen and researched.

Did that answer your question cfrp?
I wasn't asking a question about you trading a car in. I just noticed we have a few female members here trading their G37s in for Q50s.

I am curious what the opposite sex feels about the Q50 design though. I've shown friends the Q50 and it seems to be 50/50 on the design vs the G37.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Oh are you an employee/rep at the Cool Springs dealership? The info you posted about the grand opening makes me think that you must work there to have all that information. ha
Nope, I don't work for any Infiniti or Nissan companies, reason, I had one of my Infiniti's serviced at Cool Springs and I got the invitation and I forwarded to you as you are in that area.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ahh ok! Just wondering because that is the dealership that is having the reveal tomorrow night without the car actually being there from what I was told when I RSVP'd. Not sure how you reveal an invisible car but I'll find out tomorrow! Ha

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Ahh ok! Just wondering because that is the dealership that is having the reveal tomorrow night without the car actually being there from what I was told when I RSVP'd. Not sure how you reveal an invisible car but I'll find out tomorrow! Ha
it would be intrested to find out- they may have a show n tell Q50

·
Registered
279 Posts
Actually any previous Infiniti customer from the Cool Springs dealer got this invite. Mine showed up last week, but I had to regret since I'm not back in town until Friday. :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.