·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looking at the video clock, the entire video is 8 seconds long and the 0-60 run takes almost all of that. It would have been better if they actually had a clocked run, but they probably weren't set up for that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looking at the video clock, the entire video is 8 seconds long and the 0-60 run takes almost all of that. It would have been better if they actually had a clocked run, but they probably weren't set up for that.
I was thinking the same thing also, but if you look at the user uploader's comment, he said he didn't really have a chance to do a full-throttle 0-60, so that is probably why it seemingly takes the whole 8 seconds.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Nice find gbert!

Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
193 Posts
I did a 0-60 on my test drive and it was much faster than that (I was in the hybrid AWD sport). I couldn't time it, but I would be surprised if it wasn't right around 5 seconds. The sales guy I was with said the number he heard was 4.8s. Now that's with a professional driver in ideal conditions, of course.

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did 5.4 in standard mode in my Q50S. I'm going try it in Sport mode later this week though. It feels like it launches quicker in Sport mode.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I did a 0-60 on my test drive and it was much faster than that (I was in the hybrid AWD sport). I couldn't time it, but I would be surprised if it wasn't right around 5 seconds. The sales guy I was with said the number he heard was 4.8s. Now that's with a professional driver in ideal conditions, of course.
You don't need a professional driver with an automatic, just someone with a functioning right foot or hoof.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts

Q50S Hybrid RWD. :cool:

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Sweet. I can clearly see the battery assist the gas engine up to 7K RPM.
What is the 0-60 on this run?
If you subtract 0.3 seconds for a 1' rollout which is pretty standard, I think it is 4.7-4.8. This was a video I took a long time ago and never ran through a program I have that allows you to advance videos by 1/100th of a second. That being said, other videos I have done have shown a 0-60 of 4.7. I think Infiniti was rightfully being conservative when they gave a 0-60 of 4.9.

Reactions: InfinitiPlusOne

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Sweet. I can clearly see the battery assist the gas engine up to 7K RPM.
What is the 0-60 on this run?
Yea, the electric motor assists through the entire RPM range!

·
Registered
339 Posts
What are people getting on the gasser? I know most of the major reviewers are seeing about 5.3 but it would be interesting to see what others have gotten. I have no reliable way to test it so i can't post my own.

O

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
What are people getting on the gasser? I know most of the major reviewers are seeing about 5.3 but it would be interesting to see what others have gotten. I have no reliable way to test it so i can't post my own.
O
I did several tests with Q50S gasser but my test ranged from 5.1 to 5.6 depending on scenarios with automatic/manual shift and standard/sport. Also make sure you reset ECU before doing it. Sometimes my standard does a better time in automatic. Also make sure you are near sea elevation. I know Q50 is a lot faster than G but it does not feel that fast from the cockfit in Q50 for some reason.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I did several tests with Q50S gasser but my test ranged from 5.1 to 5.6 depending on scenarios with automatic/manual shift and standard/sport. Also make sure you reset ECU before doing it. Sometimes my standard does a better time in automatic. Also make sure you are near sea elevation. I know Q50 is a lot faster than G but it does not feel that fast from the cockfit in Q50 for some reason.
I noticed the same thing! I knew my Q50 Hybrid was faster than my G37 coupe, but it didn't feel like it. I chalked it up to it just being a more refined car because the Q50 without a doubt is definitely faster.

Reactions: toinfiniti

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Totally... till now, I am still missing the fun factor that I had with G although I know Q is a lot better. G is a very raw but I like it! Sometimes that what makes me smile on the way home from work. Even my friend sits in the passenger thinks it is slow! Q's grip is awesome though!
For that reason alone, I am looking forward for RC-F. If it does delivered, i am considering it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.