Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Infiniti has landed at its booth at the Geneva Motor Show this week to show off the 2014 Q50 premium sedan to the European public. As we know, the all-new Q50 is the first Infiniti models to benefit from the use of diesel engines from Daimler AG.
At its heart, this Infiniti luxury sedan gets a 2.2-liter 4-cylinder turbo-diesel engine that will be available with two transmission options – six-speed manual or a seven-speed automatic gearbox. Maximum output of this diesel engine will reach 170 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque.

The average fuel consumption is expected only at 4.4-liter/100 km or around 53 mpg U.S., with CO2 emissions should be under 115 g/km. This turbo-diesel engine capable of pushing the Q50 sedan to sprint from 0-100 km/h in less than nine seconds and have a top speed of around 230 km/h.

Besides the diesel version, a hybrid version of the 2014 Infiniti Q50 is also offered to European consumers who want to have a Q50 sedan with more power. Apart from that, the car will be called Q50 3.5 Direct Response Hybrid as a high-performance sports sedan.

The hybrid version featuring a 3.5-liter V6 engine paired to an electric motor, and only with a seven-speed automatic gearbox. The car is offered in two drive configurations in the European market – all-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive.

Infiniti says the maximum output will reach up to 364 PS/HP, which allows the Q50 sport sedan to sprint from 0-100 km/h completed under 5.5 seconds and top speed reaches 250 km/h.

The Q50 3.5 Hybrid has average fuel consumption by 6.2-liter/100 km in combined cycle or is equivalent to 45 mpg, with CO2 emissions under 145 g/km.

The all-new 2014 Infiniti Q50 will go on sale across European dealers starting this fall, including diesel and hybrid versions. However, no information about pricing details at this time and is likely to be announced closer to the European launch date.

Read more: 2014 Infiniti Q50 hit the Geneva Motor Show this week | TheCarDriving
Follow us: @TheCarDriving on Twitter | TheCarDriving on Facebook

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
That dynamic evaluation video is epic.

Really looking forward to driving the car. I'd be interested to see how much of that driving feedback from the redbull team was true and resulted in changes to the car. It is tough because it is a battle between performance and comfort in the Infiniti vehicles.

I think they are talking about the electric steering settings and the differences between them.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
2.2-liter 4-cylinder turbo-diesel engine that will be available with two transmission options – six-speed manual or a seven-speed automatic gearbox. Maximum output of this diesel engine will reach 170 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque.
So I guess if yu really want a manual q50 there is a solution. Relocate to Europe! Only there will you ever see a manual q50 but in the turbo diesel form. So jealous, I understand that diesels are not high in demand in North America but it would be nice to be given the option to buy one. I would love the performance and yet get 1000km per tank.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
It sucks that the Q50 doesn't come in manual but after long and hard thinking.. My G37 is manual and I really need a 4 door sedan that me and my girl can drive everyday. I have no choice but to get automatic.. I hope I don't regret it.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
To be fair I uploaded my avatar before I started browsing the forum.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
It sucks that the Q50 doesn't come in manual but after long and hard thinking.. My G37 is manual and I really need a 4 door sedan that me and my girl can drive everyday. I have no choice but to get automatic.. I hope I don't regret it.
Driving with your girl around is understandable, but why a four door. Is something baking in the oven? :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts