Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I'll believe it when I drive it. I do agree that the electric motors will offer more torque off the line but I don't think that replaces the instant feeling of having a standard gearbox.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is just the beginning of it with high output hybrids, I like the way its going and it is companies like infiniti thats bringing it to the next level offering power and performance with efficiency and fuel economy.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I'll believe it when I drive it. I do agree that the electric motors will offer more torque off the line but I don't think that replaces the instant feeling of having a standard gearbox.
I'll have to drive both hybrid and non-hybrid models before making a final decision but I am leaning strongly towards the hybrid. I have never driven a hybrid before. So, I am going in totally unbiased with the exception of having read all of the hype surrounding performance hybrids. Summer cannot get here fast enough. I need to borrow that remote from Click :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'll have to drive both hybrid and non-hybrid models before making a final decision but I am leaning strongly towards the hybrid. I have never driven a hybrid before. So, I am going in totally unbiased with the exception of having read all of the hype surrounding performance hybrids. Summer cannot get here fast enough. I need to borrow that remote from Click :)
Yeah we really need to be unbiased about this stuff. Tons of car makers are in the process of or will be putting hybrid engines in some of their high performing vehicles, which says a lot. I bet if hybrids didn't have the potential to put out a good amount of power, they would never consider it.

Lexus LF-LC hybrid is a good example of this.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Infiniti is doing a great job in advertising the performance and power this new hybrid makes but until i can actually see and feel what they are talking. Im not sold on it.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
When hybrids first came out - performance geeks spat at the idea.

ADDING EXTRA WEIGHT FOR NO REASON!

Now that we are all better informed we start to realize the benefits of electric motors apart from the eco side of things..

All that torque.. Available whenever you want..
Sweet.. So sweet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts