Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I like the 360 view on the interior, doesnt seemed to be much change in the interior from the g37 though.
Are you being serious?

There's very little similarity I can see between the Q50 and G37 as far as interior goes. It all looks totally different. Everything looks different aside from the readouts and even that has gotten a big upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
We are entering an age where all new luxury sedans are going to look the same. I've read many articles about this topic. Manufacturers seem to be copying each other. Wouldn't be a first. There are trends and people follow them. Simple

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
We are entering an age where all new luxury sedans are going to look the same. I've read many articles about this topic. Manufacturers seem to be copying each other. Wouldn't be a first. There are trends and people follow them. Simple
Yeah, I think there are definitely similarities in many aspects of all cars across the board and at the same time, 90% of them manage to pull off their own sense of uniqueness and distinguishable work to separate them, at least in the eyes of someone who's familiar with car brands.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yup it's tough to be different these days. it's crazy that A LOT of luxury vehicles these days look the same or resemble eachother. But it's each car makers design language and unique design features that set them apart.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Yeah, I think it's intentional.

They understand that in the minds of a lot of people that we crave homogeneity in most things. We respond well to things being symmetrical and things being similar to what we're used to seeing in other things.

So, it makes sense when a car like the new Kia Optima, Ford Fusion, or the Mazda6 seems to share so much similarities of the things we already like because that's what will make people react and gravitate towards. When a car is too different looking and not what people are used to, they'll feel less comfortable driving it.

The key is to find a way to invoke the different notes and cues that people like and mix in something special and unique here and there that will give a person a sense of individuality and at the same time, feel like it's still something that feels valuable, unique, and rewarding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.