Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
The new hybrid electric engine is similar to the M35h, so im guessing the fuel economy will be around the same which is 29mpg. and the 3.7l v6 should be around 22mpg. Still unconfirmed by Infiniti, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'll be waiting for EPA numbers, but even then we can't depend on those. It's all about real world numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
The new hybrid electric engine is similar to the M35h, so im guessing the fuel economy will be around the same which is 29mpg. and the 3.7l v6 should be around 22mpg. Still unconfirmed by Infiniti, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I don't think it'll be the same as the M35h but you are right that we could guess by looking at the M35h.

The regular non hybrid should be similar to the old G37 sedan.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be waiting for EPA numbers, but even then we can't depend on those. It's all about real world numbers.
2014 Infiniti Q50: G37 Replacement Gets M35h's Hybrid System

The hybrid Q50--Infiniti does offer it a unique name--features the same powertrain found in the M35h, where the electric motor is built into the car’s seven-speed automatic transmission and powered by an array of lithium-ion batteries. Two electronically-controlled clutches allow the full decoupling of the V-6 when the car is in electric drive and power regeneration modes, helping to reduce mechanical drag and boost the efficiency of the electric motor.

Peak output of the hybrid Q50 is the same as that of the M35h, registering at a combined 354 horsepower (296-hp V-6 plus a 67-hp electric motor), which should make this one of the quickest accelerating hybrids on the market.

No specs have been announced but with a smaller--and presumably lighter--body than the M35h, look for better performance in the Q50. The M35h does the 0-60 mph sprint in around 5.5 seconds and is capable of returning 27/32 mpg city/highway 29 mpg combined.

·
Registered
407 Posts

The M35h does the 0-60 mph sprint in around 5.5 seconds and is capable of returning 27/32 mpg city/highway 29 mpg combined.
those numbers aren't too bad at all

depending on how much the Q50 weighs in at, we can either see slightly better or worse numbers also how well the drivetrain makes use of the power not draining too much of it as it makes it's way to the wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts