Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
OP Member
9,554 Posts
Looks like the hybrid will be available in both RWD and AWD. I never understood why they make moon roof a separate package.

For once I might not get the technology package.

They mention steer by wire as a feature. Does that mean if you don't get the deluxe touring you will not have steer by wire?

Oh. I will sticky this for now.

Curious to see what others think about the packages.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Great find.

Why is the moon roof only available on the base model and leather seats only available on the Premium model? Am I reading this right?

·
Registered
14 Posts
They mention steer by wire as a feature. Does that mean if you don't get the deluxe touring you will not have steer by wire?
I feel like one of the videos I watched mentioned that the ability to select your steering ratio was going to be an option, not standard. Perhaps the vague language of the order sheet is referring to that.

Great find.

Why is the moon roof only available on the base model and leather seats only available on the Premium model? Am I reading this right?
I'm thinking since this is an internal data sheet, it probably isn't telling you what the standard equipment is for each model. I would suspect above the base model that the moonroof is standard. Same goes with Nav. I can't imagine it is not an option on the hybrid.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd like to see how the body color splash guards will look, most i've seen look ugly like on the solstice below. i doubt it will be a common Q50 accessory people get;

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
When they put REQ under the Q50 packages are they referring to REQUIRED?

So they moonroof is required on the base Q50? o.0

I think that the REQ (Required) is for the 50 State Emissions on the first line.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I think that the REQ (Required) is for the 50 State Emissions on the first line.
That sounds right to me. Also, the X marks mean that the particular option is available on the chosen model.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I'd like to see how the body color splash guards will look, most i've seen look ugly like on the solstice below. i doubt it will be a common Q50 accessory people get;

Not sure about this look with the painted mudguards. I find that it would most likely throw off the body shape and lines. I wouldn't suggest this to infiniti but really anything goes with acquired taste, just cant see majority liking this.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ahhh.. So moonroof is available for all models except the base - where it is an option.
Pretty awesome sunroof is available on all models except base. It makes the higher up models cooler and the base model cheaper so it helps even more at aiming to people looking for a super affordable entry level luxury sedan.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
It will help drive more people to buy the higher models but just how much of a demand is there really for moon roofs. Does it make that much of a difference though? I remember it use to be a big thing back then as it was a huge luxury. I mean Im not complaining but if you ask me at this day and age they should included that as a standard now now like power windows.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It will help drive more people to buy the higher models but just how much of a demand is there really for moon roofs. Does it make that much of a difference though? I remember it use to be a big thing back then as it was a huge luxury. I mean Im not complaining but if you ask me at this day and age they should included that as a standard now now like power windows.
They had to exclude the base model of something.

The base also can't be had with any packages. Unless the X means not available.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I think its one of those features where you just get so use to having where you kinda forget that it was more of an option than being standard. I love tilting it as well especially when its just drizzling rain and none of it can get in to the cabin because of the force of air.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I have gotten very used to having a moon roof. I feel like something is missing whenever I get in a car without one. Meanwhile, I don't even use the thing that often.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Moonroof also brings more light into the cabin - find it makes it more enjoyable and you don't that cabin fever feeling when you are in the car for long. Car feels more open.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmmm I should probably print this out and compare it to the other cars I am looking at. Too bad there is no prices yet. That would make my decision so much easier. There are so many options! If I can save gas with the hybrid and it doesn't cost too much I might consider it.

I am kind of leaning towards jumping over to Lexus. I think the new IS350 is such a pretty looking car.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hmmm I should probably print this out and compare it to the other cars I am looking at. Too bad there is no prices yet. That would make my decision so much easier. There are so many options! If I can save gas with the hybrid and it doesn't cost too much I might consider it.

I am kind of leaning towards jumping over to Lexus. I think the new IS350 is such a pretty looking car.
As far as pricing goes, one thing I can tell you is that the Q50 Hybrid models can easily go for the low to high $40k's, even higher up into the low to mid $50k's.

That's all safe pricing for it to compete with other hybrids in it's segment, one being the BMW 3 series.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts