Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enjoy! :D

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Omg I about fell out of my bed laughing when I heard the guy say "wow, (this car has) automatic windows too!" ...of all the things to be impressed about, it's the automatic windows...lol..I have a feeling that guy currently drives a 1998 Honda civic with a coffee can as an exhaust tip.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
It wasn't until I was on business with a group of co-workers that I realized how out of touch so many drivers are with new the technology and standard features most cars have now.

I was in PA a few weeks ago and my co-workers just could not figure out the push-button start system nor could they wrap their heads around the keyless entry system...and this was in a 2013 Nissan Altima S mind you! To a lot of today's drivers who only buy cars every 8-10 years, the smallest of the newest features can really rock their world. :p

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wasn't until I was on business with a group of co-workers that I realized how out of touch so many drivers are with new the technology and standard features most cars have now.

I was in PA a few weeks ago and my co-workers just could not figure out the push-button start system nor could they wrap their heads around the keyless entry system...and this was in a 2013 Nissan Altima S mind you! To a lot of today's drivers who only buy cars every 8-10 years, the smallest of the newest features can really rock their world. :p
Hey dont be like that! This will actually be my first push button start and keyless entry car! Im among that demographic! :(

:D

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Hey dont be like that! This will actually be my first push button start and keyless entry car! Im among that demographic! :(

:D
Oh man - you'll never go back! Keyless entry and start is great. I don't understand the manufacturers where they give you keyless entry but no keyless ignition. What a waste!

So here's the key (pun intended). If you have a garage, go buy one of the Schlage keypad locks for your interior door (under $200 or you can pay a bit more for one that connects to wifi and you can unlock/lock your door with your smartphone, computer, etc. in case you need to let someone in). It's also great if you leave without your keys and the door locks behind you - done that early on for a dog walk. Main garage doors have a keypad too so you'll never get locked out unless all of your batteries die :) Of course you can always use a regular key if that happens.

Anyway - keys in my pocket for the entire day until I get to work and have to unlock my office. No key to get into the car, no key to start the car, no fob to lock the car and arm the alarm, and the no key to get into the house. Once you go keyless on the car, just go for it and do the same with your home door. Look out Jetsons - here we come!!!

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I don't have a keypad to get into my house from the garage so it remains unlocked when I leave my home but I just love never having to get my keys out. I take my dog for a walk every afternoon and often have an irrational fear that I'm going to lock myself out because I just never carry a key. I also completely forget about having a key when I ride with someone, thereby not having my garage door opener to get back into the house.

I also never understand why car companies will have keyless entry but not keyless start. That was something on my "highly want" list when researching cars this go around. I just can't imagine going "backwards".

Reactions: jkay

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Oh man - you'll never go back! Keyless entry and start is great. I don't understand the manufacturers where they give you keyless entry but no keyless ignition. What a waste!

So here's the key (pun intended). If you have a garage, go buy one of the Schlage keypad locks for your interior door (under $200 or you can pay a bit more for one that connects to wifi and you can unlock/lock your door with your smartphone, computer, etc. in case you need to let someone in). It's also great if you leave without your keys and the door locks behind you - done that early on for a dog walk. Main garage doors have a keypad too so you'll never get locked out unless all of your batteries die :) Of course you can always use a regular key if that happens.

Anyway - keys in my pocket for the entire day until I get to work and have to unlock my office. No key to get into the car, no key to start the car, no fob to lock the car and arm the alarm, and the no key to get into the house. Once you go keyless on the car, just go for it and do the same with your home door. Look out Jetsons - here we come!!!
I take your keypad door lock and raise you a bluetooth smartphone door lock :D

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Same here to all the comments. I love never having to take the key out of my pocket. One thing I've never understood is how someone could lock their keys in the car, except that they're absent-minded, and left the key in the ignition, and ran into the 7-Eleven to get a Slurpie. Anyway, gbert, you'll be happy to know that the car cannot be locked if the key is inside the car, which proves that the key fob is smarter than some people.:D

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
When I first got my M with keyless everything, it was relatively new. i picked it up late on a Saturday and didn't want the salesman to have to stick around and not see his family so I let him do a very quick delivery speech and dug into everything myself. When he left, he threw the manual package into the trunk and headed out.

I sat in their parking lot, alone, for about 20 minutes setting my presets, testing the nav, etc.

I went to leave and realized the trunk was still open. Went back to close it and the darn thing kept popping open. I was so frustrated! No one was left at the dealership and I had no way to get home if the trunk was going to be flying open during the hour drive!

Come to find out, he put one of the key fobs in with the manuals when he threw the pouch into the trunk. Took me a few minutes to figure it out but I was relieved once I did :)

Infinitichick also mentioned the lock on the gas door when the main doors are locked. That's another one that took a few minutes to figure out!

Once you get through those things, it's smooth sailing and I'd never go without keyless if I can help it!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I went to leave and realized the trunk was still open. Went back to close it and the darn thing kept popping open. I was so frustrated! No one was left at the dealership and I had no way to get home if the trunk was going to be flying open during the hour drive!

Come to find out, he put one of the key fobs in with the manuals when he threw the pouch into the trunk. Took me a few minutes to figure it out but I was relieved once I did :)
Now that's funny!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.