Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

2014 Infiniti Q50 starting issue

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  2Fast2Furious 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone I have a 14 Infiniti Q50 with 30,000 miles and I have been noticing when I try to start my car it seems like its struggling. The battery is brand new. When I go to start my car and the auto slide back seat starts going back it works fine and half way it sounds like it starts to struggle as if its loosing power from the car, then the car revs it self up and it starts. It doesn't always do it , but im worried when it gets cold out my car isn't going to start one day. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Even brand new batteries can have a malfunction or be defect. I'd check that (and the correct connection) first...

Reactions: rpiotro
#3 ·
How do you battery cables and connections look? Brand and specs of the new battery?

#6 ·
At 30,000 miles it's pretty early but your spark plugs may also be the issue, I'd start with the battery though.
I assume your MPG has been fine and your car idel is normal?

#9 ·
Dirty battery connections would absolutely cause this. They sell a post/connector brush for it. Make sure there is no black on either the post or the inside of the connector. Clean then grease. I use M/C chain lube as it penetrates, then drys up some after.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.