Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

With the Infiniti Q50 heading to dealerships early next month, the Japanese automaker has announced that the outgoing 2013 G37 sedan will be sold beside its successor.

It might have seemed safe to assume that the G37 sedan would be discontinued as soon as the Q50 arrived, but that won’t be the case. It will be interesting to see how much the automaker cuts the price on the G37 sedan, considering its current MSRP of $38,255 (including destination) is higher than the Q50′s $37,605 (including destination). Chances are, Infiniti will take advantage of its G37 sedan to offer an attractive model to lower-entry luxury buyers, perhaps dropping the price to the mid-$30,000 range.

The automaker is working on a smaller, Q30 model that will appeal more to the entry-level market, but it’s too far off in its development to be rushed out for production. As a result, Infiniti is taking an interesting route by allowing an older model to be sold alongside a newer one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why do I envision a very large parking lot full of unsold 2013 G37s that will be sold as 2014 and 2015 models? I read that Infiniti will only offer two trim levels/package options for the G37 in 2014 and it will be priced under the 2014 model in order to further distinguish it from the Q50.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Why do I envision a very large parking lot full of unsold 2013 G37s that will be sold as 2014 and 2015 models? I read that Infiniti will only offer two trim levels/package options for the G37 in 2014 and it will be priced under the 2014 model in order to further distinguish it from the Q50.
I see it happening too. On the plus side, they will have to get rid of them, and when they do, they will price them into impulse buy pricing levels. But even at impulse buy pricing levels, I don't know how someone can pass up on the opportunity to get a Q50, especially when it's steps away from the G37 in dealers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
"Why do I envision a very large parking lot full of unsold 2013 G37s that will be sold as 2014 and 2015 models?"

These are not left-over G37's that are simply being sold alongside the newer Q50. Rather, the G37 is still, in fact, under production-while the model year is still listed as "2013," these are vehicles that are being made at the same time as the Q50.

As to why the G37 is still being produced, my customers that are interested in the 2013 G37 want a new luxury sports car without a huge price tag. You could say that the G37 has the best "bang for your buck," as you have the same 3.7L V6. There is no doubt that the Q50 is Infiniti's top selling sedan as of right now, but there are some people out there that prefer the styling, price tag, and comparative technological simplicity of the G37.

Reactions: jlw

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
For the g37 there is no more sport model.
They stripped away most options and just simplified it.
So your kind of SOL if you want the sport package.

Aside from the dated look, it is a good bang for the buck.

I think it was two year lease returns I was looking at a month ago.
Some could be had for 22,000 which seems like a steal if you just want a reliable peppy car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.