Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Infiniti G (now Infiniti Q50/Q60) and Lexus IS have been sparring partners in comparison tests and showrooms for two generations now. It only seems appropriate that the latest IS and Q50 debut alongside each other during the 2013 Detroit auto show.
The 2014 Q50 replaces the G37 Sedan but retains the 112.2-inch wheelbase and tried-and-true VQ-series 3.7-liter V-6 with 328 horsepower. A hybridized Q50 pairs an Atkinson-cycle 3.5-liter V-6 with an electric motor. The standard and only transmission is a seven-speed automatic. The 2014 IS rival comes in two well-recognized flavors: IS 250 and IS 350. Both make do with familiar V-6s: a 2.5-liter and a 3.5. An eight-speed auto transmits power for the IS 350.

The very first 2001 IS 300 went on sale in the year 2000. At the time, the G was the front-drive, 145-hp G20. Then in March 2002, the first G35 Sedan (part of the 2003 model year) hit the ground running while the G35 Coupe arrived that November. As you may recall, the G35 was our 2003 Car of the Year. The IS was fully redesigned and renumbered as the IS 250 and IS 350 for the 2006 model year. Before the G37 sedan’s release, the 2008 G37 coupe hit the scene in 2007.

And now, here we are. Japan’s two biggest competitors to the BMW 3 Series, Audi A4, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, and Motown’s own Cadillac ATS are on the Detroit big stage together. In remembrance of the G and IS vehicles that have come and gone.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
To be honest I think Lexus has a better chance at fighting with BMW and Mercedes than Infiniti. The interior of Lexus is up to par and on point. Although with the new revision Infiniti still has some catching up to do.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
All of new Lexus designs are like this actually. It's a nice change from the old bland designs. They had to go way out there to get peoples attention. I am very interested in seeing the new IS and seeing how it compares to the Q50. People have always compared the IS350 with the G37 sedan.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I like the redesign of the new ES and GS. Still not sold on the IS yet. The interior and the front looks nice, but the rear is gonna take a long time for me to get used to.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I do think the rear looks very odd. Not sure why they went with a design like that. If the rear was more attractive I'd probably get one instead of a Q50. Not going to hide that fact.. I really do like the interior. And all this talk about making a good drivers car.. Makes me really want to drive one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts