Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Canadian Spec 2014 Infiniti Q50S means Gauges are in KM/H** The 2014 Infiniti Q50 is a compact luxury car that replaced the G37. The car is powered by Nissan's 3.7 Liter VQ37VHR V-6 engine mated to a 7-speed automatic transmission. The result is 328 horsepower and 269 lb-ft. of torque. The Q50S has a base price of $43,200 which is $7k more than the base model. But the "Sport" model does add a sport-tuned suspension, large 19-inch rims, leather seats, and aluminum trim pieces.

The best 0-60 MPH time of 5.1 seconds was achieved with the Traction Control On and the Drive Mode set to "Sport"

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
5.1s is actually with Traction set to Off on Sport mode. Should get better result with high performace tires (non RFT). Wish they test it with Sport mode + Traction Off + manual shift + better tires = under 5.0s for sure.
Now, where is the hybrid #, that's what I am dying to see.

·
Registered
407 Posts
the 0-60 time on the Q50S is great, my old 350z did just over 5 seconds which puts it in line with the Q50. If Infiniti does something serious with the IPL model, we could be seeing 0-60 time have a full second shaved off of it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can also tell by the indicator light on the speedometer. Curious what the difference would be between the S and the non-S. Also was this AWD or not?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
nah. as long as we know :)

yes the gauges are in km/h

would be pretty epic if it was mph
are you located in canada?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
In their first article about the Q50 Sport hybrid entitled, "Hot hybrid leaves us cold," Chritian Seabough of Motor Trend told the world that the Q50 Sport hybrid RWD achieves 60 mph in 4.9 seconds vs. 5.2 seconds for the non-hybrid version.

·
Registered
74 Posts
2014 Infiniti Q50S 0-60 MPH Acceleration Test Video - 328 HP 3.7 Liter V-6 Automatic - YouTube

Canadian Spec 2014 Infiniti Q50S means Gauges are in KM/H** The 2014 Infiniti Q50 is a compact luxury car that replaced the G37. The car is powered by Nissan's 3.7 Liter VQ37VHR V-6 engine mated to a 7-speed automatic transmission. The result is 328 horsepower and 269 lb-ft. of torque. The Q50S has a base price of $43,200 which is $7k more than the base model. But the "Sport" model does add a sport-tuned suspension, large 19-inch rims, leather seats, and aluminum trim pieces.

The best 0-60 MPH time of 5.1 seconds was achieved with the Traction Control On and the Drive Mode set to "Sport"
Does that mean reviewers and the Infiniti site are posting mid 5s, bc they are testing in standard?....instead of reporting the sport numbers? Please tell me so..

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The Q straight piped probably isnt the sound everyone wants, for me its a little too loud but not that bad, i had it side by side revving against my dealerships Q with the stillen exhaust, the stillen sounds more tuned and muffled, while mine is raw and wide open, both sound great to me, but i'll be waiting for ark & tanabe to come out with their exhaust before i make my mind up on what catback i want.

Reactions: Yougotriceq50s

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Q straight piped probably isnt the sound everyone wants, for me its a little too loud but not that bad, i had it side by side revving against my dealerships Q with the stillen exhaust, the stillen sounds more tuned and muffled, while mine is raw and wide open, both sound great to me, but i'll be waiting for ark & tanabe to come out with their exhaust before i make my mind up on what catback i want.

Q50 Straight Pipe Take Off - YouTube
Still sounds pretty dec haha ExcActly I'm kinda on the same boat with you, seems like everyone has stillen exhaust and seems like there's better sounding exhaust out there but I wanna wait til that one comes out with some nice intake then put in on together for the best effect :D

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I cant wait for arks grip system, as it was probably my favorite sounding exhaust for the G37, hopefully they're almost done development.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.