Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
The Corvette will win, but it should be the S-Class in my eyes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Cadillac is a great car, but now it seems that the Q 50 has the same problem the CTS had before. Meaning the Q50 is bigger than an ATS, and smaller than a CTS. Cadillac has aligned themselves better with the three and five series.

That said I was shocked, shocked to find out that these CTS's are well into the $60,000 range. That's insane.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think American cars are crap (quality). But that’s just my personal opinion. I will say they are getting better. I do love America muscle on the weekend, but not as a commuter car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you lived in/near Detroit as I do, you would likely never consider an American made vehicle in this price range. JD Power and their "initial quality" can suck it. What type of reliability/longevity will Cadillac have 10 years later? What will its resale value be? I looked at the CTS back in 2007/08 when it had a compelling redesign. My friend who works for GM got a stripped down loaner (under powered 6, no sunroof, etc) and took me for a test drive. It still came in at $44K. The steering felt heavy, the car drove like a hearse compared to my 2007 G37x S and was sorely disappointing. I told him all this while listing the options my G had for thousands less. He just sat there and had nothing to say. And why was it so expensive? The baked in labor costs via the UAW forced the car's pricing to balloon to nearly $7,000 more than the near luxury competitors in its segment. Seven grand to subsidize drunk/stoned line laborers with bad attitudes, gold plated healthcare and pensions to boot? No thanks. I'd rather invest my hard earned money in Japanese engineering. Even if their workers are unionized, they at least consider any failure on their part to design and build a vehicle to be a personal disgrace. They take it personally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you lived in/near Detroit as I do, you would likely never consider an American made vehicle in this price range. JD Power and their "initial quality" can suck it. What type of reliability/longevity will Cadillac have 10 years later? What will its resale value be? I looked at the CTS back in 2007/08 when it had a compelling redesign. My friend who works for GM got a stripped down loaner (under powered 6, no sunroof, etc) and took me for a test drive. It still came in at $44K. The steering felt heavy, the car drove like a hearse compared to my 2007 G37x S and was sorely disappointing. I told him all this while listing the options my G had for thousands less. He just sat there and had nothing to say. And why was it so expensive? The baked in labor costs via the UAW forced the car's pricing to balloon to nearly $7,000 more than the near luxury competitors in its segment. Seven grand to subsidize drunk/stoned line laborers with bad attitudes, gold plated healthcare and pensions to boot? No thanks. I'd rather invest my hard earned money in Japanese engineering. Even if their workers are unionized, they at least consider any failure on their part to design and build a vehicle to be a personal disgrace. They take it personally.
exactly

·
Registered
78 Posts
Unlikely the Q50 will win given that it is MT running this. Aside from this though, the competition does seem very stiff - the Vette, F-Type, S-Class...all phenomenal cars.
Wonder how we'll do in the performance tests against the Fiat 500:D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well said and I couldn't agree more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.