Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
@BigHeadClan,

That makes sense. I was told by my service advisor once who I had a pretty good relationship with that the techs were paid less for warranty work and so they weren't crazy about performing it. At the time I got the impression it was like a lower rate, but it makes sense that they'd set time limits for it.
Yep Humble Mechanic is a good youtube channel to check out if you'd like to hear a bit about the behind the scenes at the dealership, he's a former VW master mechanic for a couple dealerships in the US
and it's actually pretty sad to hear how their technicians are treated sometimes.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I'd not call it a dual clutch either, simply what Nissan internal documentation refers to the unit as. Likely thanks to marketing trying to push that narrative.
Bad translation from the Japanese?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Warranty

If the car is under warranty, then they should fix it with no cost to you.

The Infiniti limited warranty states that the powertrain warranty is 72 months or 70,000 miles, whichever comes first.

With regards to the transmission and transaxle, the warranty covers:

Case and all internal parts, torque converter, and converter housing, automatic transmission control module, transfer case and all internal parts, seals and gaskets, clutch cover and housing, A/T cooler and electronic transmission controls.

Seems fairly explanatory to me that your problem should be covered and the dealership is trying to rip you off. You'll most likely need to get your lawyer involved to convince them to do you right if they're stonewalling you like that.
______

If this is a factory extended warranty why not take it to another Infiniti dealership? :nerd:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Bad translation from the Japanese?
Very possible, I mentioned that in my own post as well. The descriptions for some of the systems are vague at best,
how the Infiniti AWD operates/engages from low speeds was one section that left Avedis and myself scratching out heads on.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Very possible, I mentioned that in my own post as well. The descriptions for some of the systems are vague at best,
how the Infiniti AWD operates/engages from low speeds was one section that left Avedis and myself scratching out heads on.
One of the many FSM sections that after you read it, you think "WTF are they trying to say?".

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Yep Humble Mechanic is a good youtube channel to check out if you'd like to hear a bit about the behind the scenes at the dealership, he's a former VW master mechanic for a couple dealerships in the US
and it's actually pretty sad to hear how their technicians are treated sometimes.
I have a technician friend who used to work an Infiniti and I have heard some stories. Also, there's some bad customer stories too. I don't think I could do it. I'll check this out. Sounds like an interesting video.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
One of the many FSM sections that after you read it, you think "WTF are they trying to say?".
Reminds me of playing Final Fantasy or Secret of Mana and it's like the story would make sense except for the 5% that didn't at all.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Reminds me of playing Final Fantasy or Secret of Mana and it's like the story would make sense except for the 5% that didn't at all.
Ah the late 80's early 90's of Jap > English translations, what an era that was.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Ah the late 80's early 90's of Jap > English translations, what an era that was.
"All your base are belong to us" comes to mind from the Zero Wing video game in the early 90's.

The Japanese speaker's tendency to inadvertently substitute "R" and "L" for one another (known as lallation) is something I've also seen done in the FSM in writing no less.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok, Original Poster here, I can't access the original login lol. So here is what happened:

Got BBB Autoline and California Attorney General involved. Sped things up real fast. Arbitration division called me and said they would be covering the repairs "as a courtesy" and i was not amused. This is not a courtesy, they are bound by contract. Disputed their reply on the BBB and they later stated the dealership requested the clutch disc replacement under the wrong part number. They requested the part number of a manual transmission vehicle which triggered the automatic denial. NESNA covered the repairs, and gave me some pocket cash for my trouble. Got my car back roughly two weeks later with the work performed. Things were going well, until.........

Last Friday, the same crap starts happening. Car is accelerating loudly, won't idle at anything below 1000 RPM's, won't go into EV mode and the fans were LOUD in the engine compartment. Oddly, hills or steep inclines aggravate the car and its always been hard for the car to get traction up steep inclines. Leaving the garage basement, it set the car off and it starting skipping gears, felt like the wheels were locked, and wouldn't operate normally. The "chassis control system error" message returned and the dashboard lit up. I returned to dealer next am. I was NOT Happy. I emailed the Arbitration division and they informed me, since the service advisor has NOT been in contact with me since i dropped the car off Friday am, that the transmission may need replacing now. I am waiting to hear back if that is the final determination. They're sending another technician/engineer from corporate. But stated they could not offer additional compensation at this time. Sounds like A LEMON>

·
Registered
4,988 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Ooof sad to hear the issue wasn't resolved, good to hear the legal route ended up getting immediate results however.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like the worst of the old mechanic stories. They fix one thing but break another. Perhaps you need to have a breaking incident that leaves your car in the middle of their mangled showroom of new cars. Oops!

·
Registered
10 Posts
cannot post work order due to size. Even when broken up does not fit. As of today, I have not heard from the service advisor since Friday 09/6/2019, only Arbitration stating that when they replaced the clutch disc, they may have forgot to reprogram something. I am going to follow up today.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
cannot post work order due to size. Even when broken up does not fit. As of today, I have not heard from the service advisor since Friday 09/6/2019, only Arbitration stating that when they replaced the clutch disc, they may have forgot to reprogram something. I am going to follow up today.
If you scan it and upload it to drop-box you can just share the link here and we can look at it from there. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
They are doing a full transmission replacement guys. Should have my q50 back in about 2 weeks. I did not get a reason as of yet as to what went wrong with the second repair. Cost of the transmission is 11k

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know if replacing the transmission will cause further issues down the road for me? I'm worried because my Extended warranty expires next year and this car has had consistent issues. I wonder if replacing the transmission does anything to the resale value?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts