Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to tragic circumstances my family needs to get rid of a 2014 Q50S AWD that was leased in September 2013. The car is chestnut bronze with a graphite interior. It only has 3,500 miles on it. I was told that since there were only 6 lease payments made that it would not qualify for an early lease termination until there were 12 payments made. It could be bought outright, however.

Does anyone have any advice on how to best get rid of this car?

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you intend to do a lease swap (swapalease), Infiniti will require that you remain named on the lease which continues to hold you liable.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've done swapalease a few times, and it's not as scary as others say. The person assuming your lease must have better credit score and lower debt-to-income ration than the you. Although you are still on the lease as a co-signer, the only time you are held accountable is if the new lessor (?) is completely off the reservation.

Desperate times ask for desperate measures, but it's not that bad. If you're in a pinch, there's no harm in using swapalease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.