Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys can anyone help me out. My car is making wheel noise. Wheels have been replaced so that was not the issue. Went to mechanic and he guaranteed it was in fact the front right wheel bearing. I can't find any videos on how to replace these anywhere online. Can anyone point me out to a guide or video. Only ones I find are for the g37. Do you guys think it's the exact same process? Some help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
RF bearing. I had mine replaced while still under warranty. What is it with that RF? There have been a few others here with the same. Just coincidence?

Is the car AWD or RWD? I know that at least for the AWD the bearing comes as an assembly with the hub and is relatively inexpensive. Probably a DIY job since you wouldn't need a press but the trick would be getting the axle nut off and pushing back the spindle/CV joint without damaging it. I saw a YouTube tech use an air chisel with a pointy bit placed in the center and nudged it back. You could probably come up with something similar with a center punch and a hammer. Otherwise, undo brake caliper and remove rotor. After that is just a bolt on.

Is it the same as a G37? I don't know but I would bet it is.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,643 Posts
This is assuming you have RWD!!

Let me know if you have AWD as the procedure is different as rpiotro indicated. You should only need to go as far as step #6 to remove the wheel hub and bearing assembly. You don't have to completely remove the wheel speed sensor but you will need to unbolt the sensor from the wheel hub and bearing assembly and move it out of the way just like the caliper assembly.

Product Font Parallel Circle Rectangle

Rectangle Automotive tire Font Parallel Circle

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is RWD and yes it is the FR. Unfortunately my warranty expired this May.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,008 Posts
I'd assume the front wheels on a RWD are the easiest option...

Reactions: Avedis53

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Reactions: DeeCee

·
Registered
4 Posts
RF bearing. I had mine replaced while still under warranty. What is it with that RF? There have been a few others here with the same. Just coincidence?

Is the car AWD or RWD? I know that at least for the AWD the bearing comes as an assembly with the hub and is relatively inexpensive. Probably a DIY job since you wouldn't need a press but the trick would be getting the axle nut off and pushing back the spindle/CV joint without damaging it. I saw a YouTube tech use an air chisel with a pointy bit placed in the center and nudged it back. You could probably come up with something similar with a center punch and a hammer. Otherwise, undo brake caliper and remove rotor. After that is just a bolt on.

Is it the same as a G37? I don't know but I would bet it is.
I've done a wheel bearing on my AWD q and it's exactly the same as a G37 AWD, FX35 ect, only difference is axle nut torque, I believe it's 112 on a q50

·
Registered
4,325 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes that's correct it's the RF wheel. But does the AWD have axle nut and RWD doesn't?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,643 Posts
Yes that's correct it's the RF wheel. But does the AWD have axle nut and RWD doesn't?
2WD - no wheel hub lock nut on front axle.
AWD - wheel hub lock nut on front axle.

Reactions: rpiotro and DeeCee

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,008 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: DeeCee
1 - 16 of 16 Posts