Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum.
I have leased two g37s's one coupe one sedan. My lease comes up may 31st 2014. I'm ok with waiting for the 2015 models if I knew what was coming. After reading all the posts seems like a good idea to let Infiniti work out the bugs and get a 2015 Q. I thought the Detroit auto show would give me some insight into Infiniti 2015 lineup but all I can find is the hint of a 500hp dream that might happen!
I've driven all the comp. Ats IS350f TL bmw and still love the Q. I did drive the hybrid and didn't love the start stop and I put the das on sport right away and took an onramp, the quick turn caused the front tires to slip and I really only knew because I had the window open and heard it! Really weird feeling. So I want a q50s with out all the packages. There is plenty of discussion on the das so let's move on. What I was hoping to get from the members here is any insight into what the 2015 models will be getting and when I can expect one on the lots. Things like the performance package, different wheels? Different packages? Thanks in advance and I have enjoyed this forum for a few months now.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
All I have seen is a performance package option, but no release date for it.
First Drive: 2014 Infiniti Q50 Performance Package | New and Used Car Reviews, Research & Automotive-Industry News & LeftLaneNews

Sounds like a gas Q50S is what you want then.
It doesn't come with DAS unless you get the tech package.

The Hybrid has DAS no matter what version you get.
You can adjust your steering ratio and weight on DAS.
It's easiest the first time to set it to the slow ratio and easy or medium weight.
So if you go back and drive another Q50 with DAS have the sales person adjust the steering for you.

My guess is not much will change for the 2015 model year.
They are probably to busy trying to work out some of the bugs still lingering.
I know that sounds bad, but if you spend all your time debugging bugs from the initial launch you don't have a lot of time to do normal refreshes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Andrew
I really liked the idea of the performance package. I hope we get some more info on that soon. Yea based on the info out there doesn't seem like big news for Infiniti in 2015. Not real stoked on the "ruff 2 years" comment by the big guy.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
lol, nice name

Have you looked into any other cars that are coming down the pipeline this year, like the CTS or the new C-Class? Does the Volvo S60 appeal to you by any chance?

To be on the safe side, it might not be until the 2016 model year that the Q50 truly starts to hit its stride. :)

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
1) I doubt we'll see any significant changes to the car.
2) There may be some changes to how packages are bundled together. Infiniti did this to a small extent with the QX60 for 2014.
3) I'd be surprised if we see 2015 models before sometime in October. It will depend on whatever changes they decide to make for the new model year, and whether we're in the midst of rolling out some other new models (Q70, Q60, etc.)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea the new MB c400 engine sounds pretty legit with lots of torque but I love Infiniti for it's uniqueness. I live in so cal and everyone has a MB BMW lexus or some other status car. I loved Infiniti because of the power and not seeing one every turn. I have only seen one q50 in San Diego on the road and I drive all day looking at cars. Don't think I can be a Volvo guy my parents were and that's enough! I used to love the cts but it's pricy and not as sporty anymore IMO I'm really hoping Infiniti launches the performance package. That's the custom look I want for my next Infiniti.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Don't think I can be a Volvo guy my parents were and that's enough!
Don't limit yourself. That sounds a little close-minded and judgmental! Be honest, how much do you even know about the new S60 R-Design? Have you done any research on it? :confused:

You owe it to yourself to test the market thoroughly and not accidentally pass up on hidden gems due to misconceptions and ill-conceived notions! :)

Here are some pics I snapped when I went to the Arizona Auto Show a few weeks ago:

$45,000

AWD, 325hp and 354lb-ft--just sayin'.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yea the new MB c400 engine sounds pretty legit with lots of torque but I love Infiniti for it's uniqueness. I live in so cal and everyone has a MB BMW lexus or some other status car. I loved Infiniti because of the power and not seeing one every turn. I have only seen one q50 in San Diego on the road and I drive all day looking at cars. Don't think I can be a Volvo guy my parents were and that's enough! I used to love the cts but it's pricy and not as sporty anymore IMO I'm really hoping Infiniti launches the performance package. That's the custom look I want for my next Infiniti.
The new CTS-V or even just the Vsport kicks ass. It has gotten larger though, but among its new class (5 series, GS, E class, Infiniti-M), it's way up there in sportiness.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
My mom owns a 2008 Volvo S80 fully loaded AWD 3.2, my recommendation, dont buy a volvo, theyre not reliable at all, the car has been nothing but problems since 30xxxkms. We've always done service on time and at the dealership, however not only do we receive crappy service and treatment, but the car is just a constant problem for us.

My family having purchased my Q50 makes it our second car from infiniti, and they've been nothing but top notch service, and no problems on our 2011 QX56 with 38xxxKMs

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
My mom owns a 2008 Volvo S80 fully loaded AWD 3.2, my recommendation, dont buy a volvo, theyre not reliable at all, the car has been nothing but problems since 30xxxkms. We've always done service on time and at the dealership, however not only do we receive crappy service and treatment, but the car is just a constant problem for us.

My family having purchased my Q50 makes it our second car from infiniti, and they've been nothing but top notch service, and no problems on our 2011 QX56 with 38xxxKMs
Have you read all of the issues people are having on this forum with their Q50? Well, by your logic, everyone here should tell others (including the OP) not to buy an Infiniti because they're not reliable and they're filled with issues. That doesn't give you an accurate representation of Infiniti at all and I'll put the exact same logic against almost any car made from any manufacturer.

I personally haven't had any problems with my past G37 nor my current Q50 and I would certainly not tell anyone else not to buy anything from Infiniti including a M37, QX60 or an Q50 Hybrid or anything else even when I know others have been having problems with their Infinitis! :) So, you've got to be aware of these double standards and how you can't always use personal experiences to try to look at the whole picture. It just doesn't add up.

There are two additional things to point out and this needs to be made clear---the quality/reliability of a single car made at any particular year under a certain manufacturer should NOT be directly associated to another single car made at any particular year by the same manufacturer. That doesn't make sense on paper and in the real world, that's not how things work. I mean, some say Infiniti is reliable, but is it anymore? Is that now up for debate? and compared to what? Isn't a Q50 less reliable than a G37 or a QX60? etc An Infiniti made in 1996? 2003? How about 2013?

Just...some food for thought. :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.