Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Everyone

I'm trying to purchase a module to do apple car play on the top screen for my 2015 Q50. I'm looking at many different options and would like member input as the producers of these cool gadgets don't seem to know much about them XD. Car is a 2015 Q50S manufactured in November of 2014. Car has NAV and Premium Audio. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Ethan

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed the smartautokits.com carplay unit.....installation is tedious and must be followed step by step...they give you a video to follow
Customer service is very responsive to any questions or problems.
Having a hard time auto connecting using wifi ( iphone must have personal hot spot enabled).
Once it's connected, works well...however seems that Iphone must be connected at all times to work)
Able to use up to date Nav apps, music and book apps.
You might have to update your upper screen as I believe Nov 14 screens dont work.....check on it.

Willing to answer questions

Rich

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, Everyone

I'm trying to purchase a module to do apple car play on the top screen for my 2015 Q50. I'm looking at many different options and would like member input as the producers of these cool gadgets don't seem to know much about them XD. Car is a 2015 Q50S manufactured in November of 2014. Car has NAV and Premium Audio. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Ethan

Hi Ethan,

Our company has just the right product for you!

Model name : Unavi Any Way Go
Launch date : September 1st MSRP : $799/ exclude installation price
Warranty period : 2 yrs
Accepted vehicles : Doesn’t have installed an original Carplay
  • Q50 2015-2019
  • Q60 2017-2019
  • Q70 2018-2019
  • QX30 2017-2019
  • QX50 2019
  • QX60 2017-2019
  • Nissan Pathfinder 2017-2019
Pre-order Sale
-Area : Socal
-MSRP : $599
-Benefit : Free installation fee (Worth $200~$300)
Launch Sale
-MSRP : $699

For Consumers located out of SoCal
-Ask for certified Unavi dealership for installation: Find a Dealer

Our product features
-Tier #1 Vendor product from Infiniti Korea - Used as before market product (Was installed at QX50, QX60)
-U,S, Local service Support: Since 2009 UNAVI has been supporting consumers for at least 10 yrs.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
You do need to register as a vendor if you are a company selling products.

·
Registered
14 Q50S dlx touring + tech
18 Posts
I also just installed the smartautokit unit today.
I’ve done remote start and audio install things before so following the install video was easy for me. Just took my time and followed each step.
It’s working good so far and from the Facebook Q50 group it’s the kit they all recommend as other kits have some known issues.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi Ethan,

Our company has just the right product for you!

Model name : Unavi Any Way Go
Launch date : September 1st MSRP : $799/ exclude installation price
Warranty period : 2 yrs
Accepted vehicles : Doesn’t have installed an original Carplay
  • Q50 2015-2019
  • Q60 2017-2019
  • Q70 2018-2019
  • QX30 2017-2019
  • QX50 2019
  • QX60 2017-2019
  • Nissan Pathfinder 2017-2019
Pre-order Sale
-MSRP : $599
Launch Sale
-MSRP : $699

For Consumers located out of SoCal
-Ask for certified Unavi dealership for installation: Find a Dealer

Our product features
-Tier #1 Vendor product from Infiniti Korea - Used as before market product (Was installed at QX50, QX60)
-U,S, Local service Support: Since 2009 UNAVI has been supporting consumers for at least 10 yrs.
Thanks for the information.

The negative comment was from a member auditioning to be a moderator even with a very checkered past.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Smart autokit is the way to go if you want to maintain the factory look and functionality. They have two options, android auto/car play or the tablet version, which I opted for. Install is easy tbh, it's all plug and play. There are a few things at first that you have to get used to, like getting android auto/ car play up and running and just getting it set up as you'd like (customization). The video does not provide that. The guy that sells it is very responsive thru DM's on Facebook and after a few days and a few questions I have it set up like I want. So nice to have a useful top screen now. I will say, I think the andriod auto/ car play version would've been fine for me but if you really want a full on tablet that can do anything (with hot spot from you phone) then you're not bound at all, you can do anything.

BTW this may not worth your car being a 2015. I believe it needs to be manufactured after 5/2015.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
Thanks for the information. Could you send me the link to do so?
I'll PM you the contact information for an admin. They can be slow to respond though.

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD - Obsidian Black
18 Posts
Is the collective census now that the SmartAuto kits are the better route as opposed to the Mark III screens?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts