Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. One of the Air Filter Housing Clamp broke on my 2015 Q50 Base. Looking at infiniti parts, the part number is 16528-4GA0A which costs about $180 or so. This seems incredibly excessive for plastic / metal clips / clamps. Even if I got my hands on these clips / clamps, can I replace just the broken clip without the entire assembly?

Anyone had this issue of broken clamps on the air filter housing? The fit is somewhat snug but I would rather have it completely snug for peace of mind. Looking for advice on alternatives / DIY solutions for this issue. Thank you so much!

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,474 Posts
Hey all. One of the Air Filter Housing Clamp broke on my 2015 Q50 Base. Looking at infiniti parts, the part number is 16528-4GA0A which costs about $180 or so. This seems incredibly excessive for plastic / metal clips / clamps. Even if I got my hands on these clips / clamps, can I replace just the broken clip without the entire assembly?

Anyone had this issue of broken clamps on the air filter housing? The fit is somewhat snug but I would rather have it completely snug for peace of mind. Looking for advice on alternatives / DIY solutions for this issue. Thank you so much!
Can you post a pic of the broken clamp?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Damn you right your PN# is hella expensive for 2 clamps...WTF . See if PN# below works for your car its like $5

I've never had any broken clamps because you have to make sure your air filter box is lined up right and correctly before you clamp the box. If your forcing the clamp back onto the box, that means the filter box is not lined up together and you forced it back and it broke. Good luck

16598-AL50A
Edit** since yours is a 15, the PN# below should be what you need unless you broke the entire housing?

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn you right your PN# is hella expensive for 2 clamps...WTF . See if PN# below works for your car its like $5

I've never had any broken clamps because you have to make sure your air filter box is lined up right and correctly before you clamp the box. If your forcing the clamp back onto the box, that means the filter box is not lined up together and you forced it back and it broke. Good luck

16598-AL50A
Edit** since yours is a 15, the PN# below should be what you need unless you broke the entire housing?
View attachment 96783
Yeah, my wife took my car to get an oil change last time and I am pretty sure they decided to check the air filter and broke it. I will get pictures of the broken clamp today and share it here. Hopefully the part you shared will fix it.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Yeah, my wife took my car to get an oil change last time and I am pretty sure they decided to check the air filter and broke it. I will get pictures of the broken clamp today and share it here. Hopefully the part you shared will fix it.
Actually my PN# provided is for 2003-2008 3.5L engines G35s and such I think. It might be the same actual part but thats up to you to determine if it works. Just giving you a cheaper alternative than $180

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sounds like a pic-n-pull kinda fix if they're seriously charging that much for a clip.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi @Call4God / @djrice123 / @ptatohed - Please see the attached pictures of the clamp. It looks like part of the housing plastic broke off with the clamp. So I am unsure if the clamp replacement would even solve this issue. :

Broken Clamp:

Unbroken Clamp (on the other intake):

Thoughts? What about using other household tools that could replicate the function of the clamp? I really would hate the replace the entire housing due to this issue. Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,474 Posts
Yikes. Yeah, you're not getting a clip back on that.

Would you be open to doing something like this?

Is there enough lip to drill a hole through both box halves and use a skinny bolt and nut?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,474 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,286 Posts
If you don't want your air intake housing to look like a ******* repair, you can always buy that broken part for about $120 from an Infiniti parts store or you could check out auto wreckers or eBay for a used one.

Part number is: 16526-4GA0A

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,474 Posts
Agreed that replacing the top of the air box would be preferable.

How about a quick release pin with a spring?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,474 Posts
Zip tie? 😆

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
988 Posts
Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,474 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No lie, this looks like the easiest fix right now lol.

How hard would it be to replace the air filter housing (part 16526-4GA0A)? Not really experienced with working on cars other than oil changes but this looks somewhat simple enough if I had some guidance or step by step directions. Would rather just swap out the housing part. How much would you say is a reasonable amount to pay in labor for a mechanic to do this for me?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,474 Posts
No lie, this looks like the easiest fix right now lol.

How hard would it be to replace the air filter housing (part 16526-4GA0A)? Not really experienced with working on cars other than oil changes but this looks somewhat simple enough if I had some guidance or step by step directions. Would rather just swap out the housing part. How much would you say is a reasonable amount to pay in labor for a mechanic to do this for me?
Dude, this is not a mechanic job. If you can perform an oil change, you can change this yourself. I don't even think you need a how-to. I really think by observation you can figure out how to remove the upper air box and reinstall the new one. You can do eet!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dude, this is not a mechanic job. If you can perform an oil change, you can change this yourself. I don't even think you need a how-to. I really think by observation you can figure out how to remove the upper air box and reinstall the new one. You can do eet!
My wife is still not back with the car lol. But to me, it looks like I just need to loosen up the clamp connecting the cylinder hose to the "broken" air filter housing part. I should not need to remove the entire air filter housing from the looks of it? Gonna watch some youtube videos on cold air intake as the process should be identical, I think.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,474 Posts
My wife is still not back with the car lol. But to me, it looks like I just need to loosen up the clamp connecting the cylinder hose to the "broken" air filter housing part. I should not need to remove the entire air filter housing from the looks of it? Gonna watch some youtube videos on cold air intake as the process should be identical, I think.
That's what I was going to suggest. Good idea. Maybe start shopping now for a new intake box/upper box? It might be three figs though, unfortunately. Or...... time to go CAI? lol!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts