Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Late reply, but I want to let you know it is caused by neither careless nor mistake. It's a design flaw. Infiniti know the issue. I had the issue on 2017, brought the vehicle to several dealerships, they all told it's careless or mishandling and refused to fix it under warranty. I fight with Infiniti USA and made a settlement. The air box is not cheap.

If it's out of warranty and you want to save money, rear boxes need to be replaced (or you can buy on ebay). You can fix the front half with epoxy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This also happened to me. Seems like a new trend for the q50s maybe. My clip was still attached on the bottom and I just bent it out so I could still clamp the box with it. But the receiving plastic end of the box broke you can see it behind the clip.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Tread Bumper

·
Registered
2 Posts
so if the air box is not sealed right what kind of issues would that cause ?
The air filter won’t sit properly so excess dirt entering in the air intake. Causing MAF sensors to get dirty. As well as additional air entering causing lean engine codes as well. I speak from experience, in my case the hoses to the throttle body were also loose. I tightened all intake hoses. Cleaned both MAF. Secured the airbox and clip. No further issues.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts